14 | Indiana - Self-inviting

Dearly beloved
We are gathered here today to get through this thing called life

Dearly belovedWe are gathered here today to get through this thing called life

I woke up this morning to the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned and rolled over looking at the clock to see it was 12:38. I've slept in later during this job more than I have in my entire life.

I picked up my phone which was ringing obnoxiously, blaring through the whole room. It was River, I haven't talked to her since before I left, which is awhile for us. I've just been so caught up.

"Hello?" I said, bringing the phone to my ear.

"Uh hello!" She cheered, I could hear the loud clicking of heels in the background. "Thank you for finally answering me."

"I've been busy.." I sighed, sitting up in the bed. "And I was sleeping, I'm three hours behind to remind you."

"Oops" I heard her giggle in the background. "I forgot about that, sorry! But tell me about the tour I've seen pictures"

"It's good," I let out honestly. It really wasn't that bad, right now was very peaceful and was just kind of a break. "It's very tiring though."

"Have you slept with any of them yet?" River pestered and I quickly interrupted her snapping "River! I'm not going to sleep with them, get over it."

"Ugh fine whatever" She groaned while laughing. "I still think it's worth a shot."

"How's New York?" I asked, changing the topic of the conversation and waiting for a response.

"Same old, same old." She huffed into the phone, whispering something to someone that I couldn't hear. "Look, I gotta go but I expect you to text me daily"

"I know, I'll try. I don't mean to ignore you." I told her, running my hands through my hair.

"I know you don't. Bye I'll talk to you soon" She spoke through the phone, and I could hear someone in the background so I assumed she was probably hooking up with someone.

"Bye, River" I smiled into the phone before she hung up. I sighed before throwing my phone onto the mattress and flopping back into the pillows.

It was already afternoon so I didn't have time to do much today. There wasn't really much to do here either.

I am starving though, maybe I can find somewhere to eat around here. I could use a nice walk. Just to get some peace and enjoy some time to myself.

I picked up my phone once again, googling what was around here to go. There were a bunch of cute coffee shops around so that's where I'd go. I needed some caffeine, I was lacking in the energy department.

I rolled out of bed and into the bathroom, I looked like a lion. I forced myself to shower late last night after the concert, which resulted in me sleeping with my hair wet which was now a ratted disaster.