83 | Zayn - Goodbye

Nothin' goes as planned
Everything will break
People say goodbye
In their own special way

*This chapter takes place from where it left off in his POV*

Warning: Graphic content, Blood

I'm close, too close to the danger

I'm close, too close to the danger. The danger that lies behind the doors of the gates. Gates of hell, or gates of heaven? We will never know.

The thought of what lies in that simple brick building, the one where people spend some of the best nights of their lives there. Why is everyone's experiences so different from one another?

My life could be behind that door, and I wouldn't be upset over it. If it was my time to go, I'd believe that. I'd know I was doing it for the people I love. It was always for them.

All the times I've spent worrying about them have gone into this. The happy moments and the sad moments, I wish they could last forever.

Trying to hold onto time while it's running away from you at full speed is one of the scariest things. How are you supposed to sit here and know your life could be turned upside down in a matter of minutes, and just accept it?

Stalling on the time so it doesn't run out makes it feel worse, but you don't know what to do. You want to just go and get it over with, yet you can't. You're stuck in your own ground with no way out but the time on the clock.

Is knowing you only have so much time left supposed to be this scary?

It's time though, I've found where I'm at and most importantly I've found where River is. I don't know why I feel such a need to go save her, but it feels right.

To do it for Harry, and to do it for Indiana. They've done enough for me, and now it's my time to repay them for their kindness.

It may be in a bit more of a risky way, but it's the only thing I can think to do. Saving the ones they love even at the dispense of myself feels right.

I'd do anything to make them happy.

The buzz of my phone in my lap is what makes me snap out of it. It sends a slight chill down my spine which makes me jolt suddenly. Part of me felt scared it would be someone I didn't want to hear from.

I hesitantly grabbed my phone and sat on my legs, my eyes glancing outside of the car shortly. I wanted to make sure that no one was around just in case.

I was still in my car, the computer that showed the security cameras currently sitting in the passenger's seat. My eyes had been glued to the screen for so long that I was starting to go insane.

Sitting there and watching someone you don't even know but they still mean so much to you in physical pain sucks. I couldn't imagine how Indiana or Harry must feel, it hurts me just to look at it.