78 | Indiana - Think

Black out days
I don't recognize you anymore

Trigger Warning: Blood, Sexual Assault (unwanted touching from the neck up)

I refuse to believe this is happening.

Actually, for a fact I know that Harry's words were just misheard. The words were blurry and I didn't understand them. He didn't say that, or maybe even this was all a dream.

I'm not actually standing in River's apartment, I'm asleep in my bed. I'm laying by Harry trying to comfort him, cuddling up into his side as I inhale the warm scent of vanilla.

This isn't happening.

It's just a mistake, she isn't really gone. We just haven't looked at all. River is probably just out shopping or something and accidentally left the door open... that's what happened. It had to have been.

She isn't gone, Harry just made an assumption too soon. Everything is fine. All of us are okay, we're just going to have to wait a little bit for her to come back because she's just busy right now. That's why she didn't answer her phone.

I'm not going to believe Harry until I see it for myself. This is not fucking happening, not on my watch. Not today, not ever. Everything is fine.

"Indiana," Harry snapped me out of my thoughts, and I looked up to meet his eyes as they searched around the room frantically. "Did you hear what I just said?"

I wish I hadn't.

"It's okay," I replied, trying to keep everything as calm as I could even though I knew it was useless. "She probably just went out. How about we search the apartment before we assume?"

My eyes met his nervously, my hands coming out in front of me as I did so. I don't know what I'm trying to do here, but I think I have an idea of what I'm trying not to do.

I'm fucking talking with my goddamn hands.

This is how I know I've lost it. When I start throwing my hands around as I speak, acting like it'll help in any way possible.

What the actual fuck is my life, and can I catch a break for once?

"Fuck- yeah," He chimed, like the realization hit him and he quickly started to shuffle around the room. "That's a good idea."

I stayed put for a few seconds as he bolted towards the hallway that had her room at the end of it. I panicked for a second wondering if this was actually happening, but I couldn't allow myself to do this.

Not now, and not in front of Harry. He needed me by his side and to stay strong if this is actually happening. I can't allow myself to slip away when he'll need me most.

"Shit-" I snapped out of it, realizing that I needed to start moving and looking to at least attempt and help. "Where could you be?"

I whispered the words under my breath as I started to shuffle around the living area, acting as if she'd be hiding under the goddamn couch or something. Maybe I just hoped there'd be a hint or a sign of where she was?