Epilogue

We'll be a fine line

Five Years Later

Regret.

A feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over something that has happened or been done.

Regret.

A word to describe how I felt for a very long period of my life.

The one word I wished I would have never had to feel, but I did. I didn't think the feeling would ever go away.

For a long time I wished life could've been written in pencil so I could erase it all and start over.

I wished for that day after day, until one day I didn't. One day things changed, and I realized life was written the way it is for a reason. I didn't want to erase my mistakes anymore.

When I thought the feeling of regret would never go away, it started to get easier to accept. Day by day I started to realize I had made a mistake, and one that I could never take back also.

The time passed before I could start to forgive myself, but that was the first step to starting my new life. It was a long road I'd have ahead of me, and I knew that, but I was ready.

I had to create a plan to get myself to where I was today. I knew it wouldn't be easy, and I knew it wouldn't be quick, but I saved myself. I still have those feelings of regret from time to time, and especially on this day of the year.

November 3.

The day that I lost my best friends, and the day that my life forever changed. Nothing would be the same from that day on, nothing would compare to the wretched feelings that would forever haunt me.

Five years.

It's been five years since they died.

Harry and Indiana were murdered in cold blood by the ones who had tortured us for months. It wasn't fair to them that they died, they were supposed to live happily ever after.

I refused to believe it was true, nothing that bad could've happened to them. They were supposed to live forever, no one could ever hurt them. After all, they were Indiana and Harry.

Hearing the frail voice of the girl cry out that her own brother had been shot in the heart in replace of her broke me. He was still alive when she left, Indiana was taking care of him.

Everything was supposed to be okay. They promised me they'd make it out of this. Indiana was going to save Harry, and get him help. But the help she gave him was only taken in change for her life.

As the five of us sat in that car, beaten and bruised the seconds kept passing. Sirens started to sound around us, and we couldn't figure out why. We had to run before we got caught.