77 | Harry - Ready

I'm waiting up, saving all my precious time
Losing light, I'm missing my same old us
Before we learned our truth too late
Resigned to fate, fading away

I'm waiting up, saving all my precious timeLosing light, I'm missing my same old usBefore we learned our truth too lateResigned to fate, fading away

"Harry," Her voice was innocent as she called out my name like she had so many times knowing she wouldn't get a response. "We need some groceries so I'm gonna- I'm just gonna go."

I could hear her emotion overtake her voice once again towards the end. She'd come in here so many times, never leaving my side unless needed. Indiana's stood by me no matter what I've been like for however long it's been.

"No-" I croaked out the first word I've said in god knows how long, hoping it was loud enough for her to hear.

I forced myself to roll over so I was facing her as she stood in the doorway. She had tears in her eyes that glistened in the dim lighting but could be clearly seen. They were because of me.

This is the first time I've been able to really move without being forced, able to speak, or just do anything that I wanted to do. I felt like I was finally coming out of the dark hole I'd been stuck in for so long.

"Harry?" She questioned, rushing over to me so she could sit down on the bedding across from me. "You can hear me?"

"I've heard you the whole time, my little star." I whispered lightly, bringing a weak hand up to brush against her cheek as I sat up slowly. "I just couldn't- you know."

I heard her. Every tear that slipped from her eyes, everything sob that escaped her throat, even the words she spoke to me hoping they would help. I heard them all, and they meant so much to me.

I just wished I was able to respond to them soon.

As much as I wanted to, it wasn't that simple. I couldn't move, I couldn't talk, I couldn't eat. I was just locked in a world with the events of days before haunting me.

"I know," She nodded her head cautiously as she looked all over my face to make sure I was really here. "I hoped you had heard me. I don't know why I did it, I just wanted to help you."

"I heard you, I wanted to answer so badly, Indiana." I started to tear up at the thought of it and how heartbroken she must have been. "I'm so sorry, baby. I didn't mean to hurt you, I know you're struggling."

The emotions poured out of me like water pushing out of a dam. I couldn't hold them inside anymore, all of them falling out from how shutdown I had been.

It felt like a sack of bricks hitting me all at once and knocking me out. I was so hazy and confused at everything that had happened, so I just felt like a burden.

"It's okay, baby, it's okay." Indiana shushed me, grasping either side of my face between her hands. Her touch felt like an electric shock that I had missed so much. "I'm just glad you're back, I missed you so much."