74 | Harry - Sister

And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all

And I am feeling so smallIt was over my headI know nothing at all

It clicked.

All in those few moments, everything else except the hurt girl in front of me disappeared. I wanted nothing more than to tend to Indiana, but I couldn't do it.

I was stuck, staring at the frail girl who looked just as broken as the one I loved. Tied to a chair with a gun to her head, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I had seen that fear before.

The look in her eyes is too close to one I had seen before. One that dug so deep into me, and reopened every healing scar. It was a sight for sore eyes and one I hoped I wouldn't have to see again.

A look I prayed I wouldn't have to see again because I would've rather felt the pain. I took the hits, but it only became worse. The hits I took were because I took the last person from us, I took them for her.

We lost her because of me.

"Riley?" My voice was just merely a whisper as the tears burned my eyes so badly as they begged to fall out of my eyes.

I didn't want it to be her. It couldn't be, she's dead. She died eight years ago. I hadn't seen her since she was eleven, it couldn't be her.

My mother murdered her.

"Harry." She said my name like it was a call of relief, like it had lifted the weight off of her chest but only to be placed on my and crushing my lungs.

The moment changed my world like an earthquake cracking it apart. From a flick of a switch to the flip of time, that was the moment my world turned upside down.

I heard the eleven year old girl's voice again, taking me back to all the moments I hated most. How I stood up for her with my life, but in the end, all that mattered was how I caused her to be lost from us.

My actions led my mother to hate me, she couldn't take it anymore. I was too childish, I messed around in school, and I fought against my father. She had enough so she left, and she took my little sister with her.

At least that's what I thought.

"It's you?" I asked her in disbelief, but I felt more like I was asking myself instead. "Is it really you?"

I sounded like a scared little boy, like I had just found out the worst news of my life. When I think about it, that is what could have actually happened.

This could be the worst news of my life.

Not the worst in a sense that this could be her. I don't even have the time to think it's truly her yet alone that she could have been here my whole life. It's just the worst in the way that this has everything turned around and tied up.

Literally.

As she stared back at me, with a look of fear on her face it answered every question in my head. She panicked and thought about her words, scared that she would say the wrong thing, but at this point anything would be wrong.