75 | River - Flashback

I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met

*This chapter is a partially flashback to the night River left her family*

"Ri... Ri, wake up," The whisper peeled through my deep sleep I had fallen into, the sound taking a few moments to process. "Come on, you gotta get up."

It took me a few seconds to register that the voice was actually speaking to me, it wasn't just a dream. My mother was nudging my body softly as I hugged the pillow tight to me.

When my eyes peeled open I couldn't see much through the darkness. The outline of my mothers figure shadowed through the soft glow of the nightlight.

"What?" I said with a groggy voice as my little body rolled over to look at her. My mind was fuzzy from suddenly being woken up.

"Come on," She urged, her accent thick as she turned on the lamp by my bedside table. "We need to go, okay?"

My eyes pierced shut at the brightness that overwhelmed me so quickly, the light blinding me in the moment. It only made me feel more confused and hazy than I had just moments ago.

"No- why?" I rushed out, sitting up in the bed making me dizzy from how fast it was. "What do you mean, mum?"

"We need to leave, Riley." She reiterated, brushing my messy hair back with her soft hand. "I'm going to take you somewhere safe, okay?"

I looked at her with my eyebrows furrowed, just trying to figure out what was going on. She had a look of sheer panic written all over her which made my stomach fill with nerves.

The butterflies floated around, making me feel nauseous at the sight. I don't like seeing my mum look like that, it makes me feel nervous. Is she okay?

"Where are we going?" I asked out of confusion, my consciousness finally coming back to me from it's sleepy state.

"You're going to come with me," My mother spoke, running her hand along my cheek as she did so. "I'm going to take you to meet some of my friends. You'll stay with them for a little bit."

I don't understand, why do we have to leave? I don't want to leave here, my family is here. Harry is here, I can't leave him.

My mind fills with so much confusion, just trying to piece together what she means. I look over at the clock on the side of the room trying to piece out the time.

3:09

The red glow of the numbers outlines them as I stare for just a few moments. It's too late for this, or early. I should be asleep, I'm just a kid.