64 | Indiana - Wait

All my life I've been good
But now I'm thinking, "What the hell"

"Come on losers," Niall cheered loudly, interrupting my conversation with Louis

"Come on losers," Niall cheered loudly, interrupting my conversation with Louis. "We're going partying tonight!"

I stood by the counter, collecting my stuff as I made conversation. River was by me, and she was very easily fitting in here. We were in the middle of a nice conversation with Louis before Niall barged in.

Of course Louis had to share the stupid fucking story from the other night on the roof, along with plenty of other embarrassing moments. I just got him right back and I think River was just here for entertainment. She wasn't surprised by any of the shit.

Well, she'd be surprised if she knew about a lot of the shit that happened. I guess that's the one thing that's good about her, she isn't involved in any of this. On the other hand, it's hard to remember to keep our mouths shut after being so open about it the past few months.

"Niall can't you give us a second?" River snapped, and I could tell she was joking but Niall's reaction was very funny to watch. "The party isn't going anywhere."

The way he froze made me start laughing and he just looked even more confused. Niall also looked like he was slightly panicking, but Liam seemed to get the joke from across the room.

Niall had wide eyes with his mouth slightly parted. He quickly stood up straight and muttered a sorry, and I kind of felt bad for the poor boy. He seemed so upset for making her jokingly mad.

"She's kidding, Niall," I chuckled, throwing the little backpack I always had with me over my shoulder. "Don't take it so seriously."

He was still standing in his place when I walked over and patted him on the shoulder. Part of me felt bad, but the other part was getting a kick out of this. He's really wound up over River and it's very funny.

"Sorry, Ni," She pouted as she followed me, standing in the door frame. "I didn't mean to upset you."

"It's okay," He shrugged, finally coming out of his weird little trance he was in. "I thought I made you mad and got upset."

Louis and Liam were just watching the interaction with an eyebrow raised. I think the three of us have the same idea in our heads, but no one wants to speak it.

"You didn't," She nodded at him, and I was starting to get a bit annoyed with the situation.

"Enough of the shit," Liam rolled his eyes when River went to speak again. "Can we just get on with our nights and not watch you two flirt?"

"We weren't flirting!" They both said defensively at the same time only making their situation look worse.

They both had flushed faces and it made me happy. It was nice to see Niall especially in such a normal situation. That's how it should be, he's twenty two and doesn't get to have the little embarrassing moments like those.