Ch. 63 A Little Night Time Massage

Începe de la început

I wanted to thank him for giving me what I wanted – my own room, my clothes, a phone, my own pillow from home, of all things.

I got up on my knees so I was a little higher up behind him, resting my hands on his shoulders. I felt him twitch slightly at my touch, but then relax, leaning into my hands. Putting a little more pressure into my touch, I started with simple circles with my thumbs on the back of his shoulders.

Wow, he was really tense. Was this over me? Or something else?

Shigaraki hung his head forward, and I took that as a sign that this was working or at least felt good.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Mmhmm," he hummed. "I am now."

"Okay," I chuckled. "Lean your head to the side."

Moving my hands up from his shoulders onto his neck, I used my fingers to apply just a little bit of pressure, moving up and down his neck. My palm flat, I ran it in a smooth motion back and forth over the red areas.

"And to the other side," I said, repeating the same thing on that side.

Nothing was happening with my quirk, but he at least seemed to be enjoying it.

"Why am I letting you have your own room, again?" he asked, his eyes still closed.

"Because I can do stuff like this."

"That's my point exactly."

And then I had an idea.

"Lie down. Over here."

Moving so that I was sitting behind his head on the bed while he laid down in front of me, I put my hands in his hair, letting my finger nails dig in ever so slightly.

Shigaraki groaned when my finger tips started to move around on his scalp.

"Fuccckkkk don't stop doing that."

I smiled. He does like it, I thought, as I continued to rub around on his head, raking my fingers through his hair, even though I'm not even using my quirk.

"You are amazing," he said, his eyes still closed.

It did feel good to be appreciated, especially for something other than sex.

Letting my hands smoothly press down on both sides of his neck again, I leaned forward and gently kissed his forehead.

"Thank you," I whispered.

And there it was. He must have felt it too, because his eyes snapped open.

"Oh."

"Oh? You just used it, didn't you?"

I nodded, unsure why or how.

"And what emotion were you feeling that time?"

"Uh...I think I just felt... appreciated."

"One compliment was all it took? Wow, that's kind of... sad?"

"Yeah, well, I didn't exactly get a lot of positive reinforcement growing up."

Shigaraki sat up, touching his nicely healed neck. "Your parents were a bunch of idiots then."

"They're dead."

His eyes narrowed, his face a strange mixture of sadness and surprise, with maybe a hint of recognition. "Then there's no use talking about them, is there?"

"I guess so."

"Look at me."

I did. 

"We're all misfits here. Misfits who have decided for one reason or another to band together because we didn't have a place in the regular world. I don't care about your past or your childhood trauma. We all have it, and we've been made to suffer for it. But I'm going to change all of that. I'm hoping that you'll see that working for change is a lot more righteous than upholding the status quo that created all of this."

He stood up to leave, grabbing his shirt, so I started taking off the hoodie to give it back to him.

"No, keep it," he said stopping me, a small smile on his face. "I told you I like seeing you in it."

He gave the strings around the hood a little tug.

With that, Shigaraki left, shutting the door behind him.

I collapsed on the bed clutching my pillow, thinking about the wild day that had just happened.

The leader of the League of Villains is actually kind of... nice?

In contrast to the number one hero who has always been kind of an asshole?

So what, was this where I was staying now? What the hell was I doing? When I really started thinking about it, hadn't I just traded one apartment for another? One 'benefactor' for a different one?

I wasn't sleeping with Shigaraki, but that wasn't because he didn't want to. 

I'm so confused.

Do I stay with them and forget the life I had before? Forget Shoto, and Katsuki, and Aizawa and... Shinso.

I shook my head, as if to make thoughts of him go away.

And if I do stay here, how do make sure to keep the people I care about safe?

With my own pillow under my head, sleep came over me fast.