Chaeyoung x M/F Reader || It's a Beautiful Night

KNOCK KNOCK

"Come in," you hummed, turning around, to the door, where a small figure entered, gently closing the door behind her.

"Chaeng? What are you doing here- it's almost going to be 1am?!" You asked in surprise, raising your voice slightly. It was a soundproof room, so you could raise your voice as loud as you wanted, and no one but you and Chaeng would hear it.

"Speak for yourself, what are YOU doing here at 1 in the morning? Still composing songs?" Chaeyoung asked, wrapping her arms around your neck, standing behind you. You rested your legs onto your table, nodding your head while stretching your hands out to the ceiling.

"Yep. PD-Nim wants to see the songs I've composted in a few days time. I was just thinking about making more sample songs just in case he doesn't like the first few I show him, I mean, he is very picky," you scratched your head awkwardly as Chaeyoung laughed, pulling over another office chair which you had secretly taken from JYP a couple of days ago. Said something like it felt more comfortable, of course, according to you.

"But you should get some rest. Don't stress yourself out so much," Chaeyoung said, sitting down, facing the backrest of the chair, lightly rubbing your forearm gently. You leaned back into your chair, hands behind your head as you sighed.

"Cant. PD-Nim is hard to please. He wouldn't even give me new chairs, that's why I had to steal these from his office. Lucky for me he didn't notice," you said with a cheeky smile.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, before breaking into a grin at how cheeky you were to have done such a thing. She moved closer to you, pinching your cheek as you smiled, caressing her hand, locking eyes with her.

"Also," you said, breaking the silence. "Do you wanna hear one of the songs I produced?"

Chaeyoung nodded her head, ecstatic. She loved being able to listen to songs you produced, because like her, you too were someone who loved writing their own lyrics. The feeling was there.

You pushed your papers away, bringing over your computer closer to you, staring into the screen as you clicked onto a media file, where you had previously recorded your vocals and even produced the melody, fixing it all together to create, might you add, one of your best songs.

(Credits: The Rose - I.L.Y)

You smiled, before facing Chaeyoung and letting the music flow, softly as it started off with the soft chords of the piano, followed by your deep voice.

haruye shijagi

neoro gadeuk chaseo

honja namgyeojeosseul ttaen

gwaenhi buranhaejeo

You eyed Chaeyoung, who had closed her eyes, immersed in the feeling of the song.

heuritan nae mame deullyeowa

neoye ttatteutan moksoriga

Baby I'm falling for you

An obvious smile slipped out from Chaeyoung's mouth, much to your delight. It meant that she was really liking the song already, as you allowed yourself to relax.