Mina x F Reader (Birthday Special) || Surprise 🌟

Rejection hits hard... especially when it's one of your closest friend who rejects you. I don't blame her for not having the same feelings back, but I'm just a little heartbroken. Knowing that she doesn't share the same feelings back because she's straight it's totally understandable, I'm just... beating myself from it.

I should've expected that answer, Y/N. She's obviously straight, she'll like boys, and not girls. I wish she felt the same, but one can only wish I guess.

The gold balloons stuck on to me the most, as I unwrapped it from the packaging. It represented the numbers '2' and 3', side by side. Mina was becoming 23, or rather, she had already become 23 today, and we were going to surprise her with a birthday party just for her.

Blowing into the straw, the balloon started inflating. The function room was small, but it was easier to be decorated that way. Fairy lights were draped around the room, illuminating the function room. Pictures of Mina and us, and by us, I mean the group of friends and her, were clipped onto the fairy lights.

I finished blowing the balloons and walked over to the trash bin to discard the straw, before taking some tape and placing it on the back of the number balloons, sticking them to the wall.

Walking past the pictures brought me back down memory lane..

One picture was us in our graduation gowns, with our graduation caps on. Bouquets were being held with us, as we proudly showed our certificate to the camera.

FLASHBACK

"I'm so tired... I don't feel like working anymore.." I pulled my hoodie over my head and slumped down on my seat.

"Hey you.." I felt a light hit on my head, as I looked up to see Mina, smiling at me, her bright pearly teeth showing. "Come on, just a few more months of this, and we're done. You don't wanna waste months of hard work just for it to be thrown away, right?"

I guess Mina had a point. Oh, who am I kidding? She always had a point to whatever she talked about.

"Okay, okay..." I pulled myself off the books I was resting on, and flipped them open.

PRESENT TIME

I guess without Mina, I might not even have graduated.

Lightly touching the photo and bringing back more college memories of when we were younger and more naive, we enjoyed playing out in the woods, running, not caring about a thing.

Stupid things were done, but we always learned our lessons. If those stupid things had done anything beneficial to us, it taught us valuable life lessons. Now I know not to skate down a steep hill anymore.. I thought as I chuckled, walking around the place.

Another picture showed five of us, in the picture. I seemed to be the one taking the picture, we were at some sort of bench near the sea.

And then it hit me - We were at the beach after our exams.

FLASHBACK

"Pass it over here!" I yelled, and saw the frisbee get passed through the air, for me to intercept it.

Enjoying our time with our friends was definitely a good way to spend our time.

"Y'all, I prepared some food.." Jihyo gestured for us to come over. She had always been more like a mom towards us, like a mother chicken, taking care of her little chicks.

We sat there in the wind, laughing and eating together, as the sunset.

PRESENT TIME

How I wish we could go back in time and do that all over again..