Nayeon x M Reader || Jealous

I'm waiting for someone who can make me feel

Something like never before

(That's who I'm waiting for)

I'll wait, no matter how long it takes

I just wanna fall in love

"I want a boyfriend," Nayeon suddenly said, and I turned to her with a blank face.

"I want someone whom I can trust, and who I can rely on. Someone preferably tall and kind towards his parents and others," she began describing her ideal type with glint in her eyes while I simply stayed quiet and let her ramble on in her own fantasy.

"Yeah. I guess I just want to fall in love," she hopped off the ledge and looked at me in the eyes. "Thanks for listening to me, Y/N. I'll see you tomorrow in school, bye!" She picked up her bag from the bench below and waved to me, skipping home with that cutesy smile of hers.

"Bye..." I mumbled in silence, watching her depart the schools premises and making her way to the bus stop.

If only she could see the one whom loved her the most and has always been loving her was right in front of her.

But... I'm too shy to express all my feelings to her. I don't want to get rejected by her. It'll just make things awkward between the two of us.

~

From that day onwards, Nayeon began talking to me about the guys she found cute in the school. I was starting to get sick of hearing the same few names again, Doyoung, Siwon, these names really infuriated me.

"Gosh, doesn't Doyoung just look so hot?" She took a quick glance at the guy whom she had been fantasying about the entire week, fanning herself.

"Doesn't he, Y/N?"

I nodded my head, my grip tightening on the strap of bag. Nayeon quickened her pace to catch up with me.

"Why are you waking so fast, Y/N? Oh, is it because you want to get home quickly? Okay, I totally understand, you know-"

The good thing about Nayeon was that I never had to open my mouth and tell her what I was feeling. She would automatically know and think the way I did. A reason I fell in love with her.

"Y/N, do you wanna get ice cream?" She clapped her hands together like a little kid, pulling me towards her. I looked down to my feet and shyly nodded my head, looking at her feet and following suit where she was going to.

Yeah, our friendship was weird like that. Not many words exchanged throughout the conversation, but yet we knew exactly what each of us was thinking. A special relationship I would say.

"I want... strawberry! And chocolate chip for you, right Y/N?" She placed her order and I nodded my head, fumbling in my jeans pocket for my wallet.

I handed her a crisp bill and she took it from my hand, paying for our ice creams together.

Nayeon then dragged my wrist after we had gotten our ice creams to a nearby bench, where not many people were at. Secluded and quiet, just how I liked it.

"Y/NN, what's wrong?" She asked, licking her ice cream while pouting. I blushed at the sound of my nickname being used. Nayeon never used my nickname often, and this was just one of the rare days when she did, and I loved it.

"You're not talking as much as you usually do, well, you don't usually talk a lot but- you get what I mean," she said and I chuckled at her explanation.

"I just prefer listening and not interfering in what you're saying, Nayeon," I said, and that was probably the first sound she had heard from me all day.

"But I need opinions! I'm still looking for a guy, and so far, it hasn't been that good," she said, showing me the thumbs down sign.

"Hm? Why?" I asked her, taking a small bite out of my own ice cream.

"Doyoung is cute, but he's a little rude. Siwon's nice, but he's already taken"

"Then why do you still fangirl over them? Especially with today, when we walked passed Doyoung?" I asked and she looked as if she had been caught, cheating in a test or something.

Unable to process or spit out any words at that given moment, Nayeon simply nibbled on her ice cream cone, battering her eye lids at me.

"What?"

"Because I was trying to make you jealous, Y/N, but you never seemed to pick up the hints"

"M-Me?" I stuttered, pointing my index finger, jabbing at my chest. Nayeon giggled softly and nodded her head. "Yes, you. That's why I suddenly started talking to you about falling in love... because I had already fallen in love with you. You make me feel like ooh-aah when you're around... you make me squeal because I find you so attractive," she gave a shy smile.

"I didn't expect you to like me back, Nayeon. Especially with me being so quiet and shy all the time," I replied to her, innocently chewing on the cone of my ice cream.

"You like me too?" Her eyes went large and I nodded. Controlling her excitement, she gave me a big smile and held my hand.

"Well, does this mean we're official?"

I nodded my head once again, this time, with a big smile on my face.

"Then... I guess I'll just make the other girls jealous by boasting about what a great boyfriend I have," she said, pecking me quickly on my lips.

Th-That... was my first kiss.

And I was happy to lose it to her.