Jeongyeon x M Reader || Cheer Up

I'm scared that you'll find out how I feel

Come to me little by little just like now

It won't take that long

Just get it together

And then baby cheer up

~

"Yoo Jeongyeon! Wanna come over to my house and study?" The sign read, as he grinned at it and placed it to his window, knocking on the plastic to gain her attention.

It worked and she looked towards his direction, rolling her eyes as she got another sign from below her bed and scribbled a few words with a red marker.

Once she was done, she put the marker back into her pen holder and showed the sign to the guy who was opposite her.

He squinted his eyes, trying to make out what was written on the sign with his poor eyesight.

"Sure ... never ... getting ... work ... done?" He questioned what she could possibly be writing in his head, hearing a ding from his phone behind him. He picked it up and saw a text from Jeongyeon, opening it.

Jeongyeon:

Pabo, it says sure, but we never get work done.
✔️✔️ delivered, seen at 2:10PM

Y/N:
Whatever, just come here ASAP. We can play something on our phones or something, a multiplayer game if you don't want to study:)
✔️✔️ delivered, seen at 2:10PM

He peered over to the next window, cupping his eyes, and smiled when he couldn't see her in her room anymore.

KNOCK KNOCK

Sliding down the railing of the stairs, he straightened his shirt and opened the door, letting the girl in.

"Jeong"

"Y/N," she let herself in and kicked her shoes somewhere.

"Parents aren't home?" She deduced, looking around the house. He nodded his head and climbed up the stairs to his room, with her following suit.

The pair entered his room where he jumped onto his bed, with her taking his comfy chair, opening up a multiplayer game they had always loved playing together. Sure, they could play it in different houses and rooms, but nothing screams fun than being able to yell at the person who's in front of you.

She logged in and he accepted the request to join his party, choosing a map and they entered it.

"Y/N," she called for him and he looked up from his phone.

"Why did you call me using that sign? We haven't used that method since we were young," she chuckled, remembering how life was before they had their devices with them.

"I dunno, I just felt like reliving the old days, where we were carefree... and when I still hadn't had a crush on you..." he mumbled the last part, focusing back on the game.

She didn't catch the last part because of his low and incoherent words but shrugged it off, not knowing how much of an importance it was for her to know that.

(Timeskip)

They gamed for a little, ending in a placing of 4th. Not too shabby, especially having not games in a long time, Y/N thought as he glanced to Jeongyeon who had died earlier than him and was scrolling through Instagram mindlessly like some sort of a zombie.

"Yah, I've died. We got 4th," he announced, and she shook her head. "Meh. Could have done better"

"What are you even looking at?" He asked and rolled out another chair, moving to her and sticking his head, focusing on her instagram.

"It's this guy, I saw him on TikTok and he had his Instagram included in his bio, so I was curious and went to check him out," Jeongyeon showed him the guys post, mostly of his posing in different locations. Some were even shirtless and Jeongyeon was clearly liking its

Y/N glanced for a second down at his own body, before looking up to his Instagram page. "You find him attractive?" He asked with a little uncertainty in his voice.

"Sure. But I won't be fawning over him. There's no way that we can possibly be together," she stated as he let out an audible sigh of relief. "Yah, why did you sigh?"

"Huh? No, I was just worried for you-," he filled in with any possible excuse that came to mind, but that led to Jeongyeon giving him a weird look, looking back to his posts, liking them.

"Up for another match?" He tried enticing the girl, but she shook her head, going back into TikTok and checking out the ones he made. She had made a few, but his were just on another level.

His smile dropped as he could just watch Jeongyeon scrolling through his TikTok videos and giggling to them like a little girl.

With each giggle and smile, he could feel his heart getting attacked. Jealously, envy was filling him up but he wasn't the type to voice out his opinion, not wanting her to get hurt.

But if he felt strongly for this, he just had to say something.

"Hey!" He shouted out of the blue, earning a look from Jeongyeon.

"You said you don't like him, but why do you still look through his videos?"

"What? Can't I check out his content? It's pretty funny, okay?" She retaliated, not understanding why her friend was acting like that.

"But the giggles, the smiles... you're giving me the wrong impression," he tried fighting back but it was futile.

"Why do you care so much if I like him?" She asked back, her mind processing a little. Bit by bit.

"Don't tell me, you're jealous?" She scoffed in his face, and his eyes quivered.

"No! Why would I be jealous of him? I-I'm 10 times better than him... but why are you still fawning over him..." he mumbled the last part.

And this time, she caught it.

"You are jealous!" She shouted out loud, pointing her index finger at him.

"S-So what if I am? You're not going to like me back anyways-"

SMACK

Red lips on his, connected together and sealed by the power of love.

She held him closer to her body, and he didn't know how to process it, so he just stood still until she pulled away gently, looking at him in his eyes.

"W-Why did you do that?" He asked in shocked, wiping his lips.

"Cheer up, I like you too," she gave him a cheeky grin and sat back onto his seat. "Now, let's get into another game"