Jeongyeon x M Reader || Appreciation Letters

Jeongyeon's POV

Ambulance after ambulance started zooming into the hospital, without fail, everyday, there would at least be ten people reporting in sickness of COVID19.

This pandemic disease of COVID19 was something many feared, despite the hospital industry working their butts off to help out with the people who were indeed infected with the disease.

"Another patient, lets get him into the hospital for a check up... it says he's a suspected case..." one of the paramedics, Lee Jaesuk informed me, looking as his clipboard which had a attached paper onto it filled with scribbles and writing. "I think you should refer him to Doctor Jeon... he's been in charge of these suspected cases..."

I nodded, gesturing for the patient to follow me, as I brought him up the lift to the top floor where Doctor Jeon would be at. Wearing a mask and gloves would help in the prevention of catching the disease, as I handed him a mask to wear before entering into Doctor Jeon's office.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Come in," a husky voice from behind the door instructed.

I opened the wooden door to see Doctor Jeon at his table, checking for new patients on the computer, turning his black chair and facing us. "Yes, Nurse Yoo?"

"There's a patient here... he's a suspected case of the coronavirus disease.." I explained to him as he nodded his head slowly.

"Okay, i think I'll need you to help and supervise, Nurse Yoo," he addressed me, as I brought the patient in.

The middle aged man sat down onto the chair right beside Doctor Jeon, as I went over to Doctor Jeon's side, standing there, just waiting for his instructions.

"Sir.. how may I address you by..?"

"Park Beomseok, Doctor..?"

"You can call me Y/N, no need for formalities.." Y/N said, taking his stethoscope and putting the diaphragm onto Beomseok's chest, the earpieces into his ears, as he listened to his steady heartbeat.

"Any coughing.. or feeling feverish over this past fourteen days?" Y/N asked, moving his chair over to get the little light thing.

Beomseok nodded his head. "I have been coughing, but it's pretty mild and all, but my fever has been about 37.5 degrees Celsius and above.."

"Okay, can you open your mouth for me?" Y/N instructed, turning on the light and checking his mouth.

"I'm just going to take your temperature, okay?" He told Beomseok, turning on the electronic thermometer.

There was an awkward pause, before the thermometer started beeping, to show a temperature of 37.1. Seemed as if his body heat was reducing.

"Okay, based on what I've heard.. your heartbeat is stable, and there's no sign of phlegm in your lungs, and your lungs sound healthy as well, but I do need to ask you, have you had trouble breathing lately... not due to any asthma or anything?"

"I don't have any asthma history and no, no difficultly of breathing, Doctor"

Y/N draped the stethoscope around his neck, moving his chair over to the computer and keying in a few numbers and words.

"It seems as if you just have a mild fever and some phlegm, you are not a confirmed case, do not worry, but do drink more water and take the medicine I'm going to prescribe to you twice a day... Nurse Yoo, could you help me get the cough medicine number three and medicine for fever?"

I nodded my head after receiving the instructions, going to the back where all the medicine was being stored. Being a big clinic, of course, there was going to be many medicines in there, so we always made sure we had an assistant inside.