Ch 7. Hide and Seek

Start from the beginning

"Deku! I need help!" I shouted as I wandered around the streets. "Deku!"

"Here!" I heard him shout back at me, and then I saw him running toward me. "Let's work together to get Todoroki. Are you okay?"

"I don't really need help," I admitted. "How do you know that I'm not the villain?"

"I know you're not the villain."

"You do?" I asked.

"Yes. There's no way they would allow a girl who doesn't have a quirk – oh, no offense," he said, starting to apologize.

"None taken. It's facts."

"Okay, good, I mean there's no way they would let this continue if you had to capture me or Todoroki. I know that I drew the hero card, which means that Todoroki is our villain."

"I'm glad you figured that all out. I'm so lost," I said. I decided to try playing into the little lost puppy role. If he thinks his job is to save me in this scenario, then I can use that to my advantage. "Deku, I have no idea what is happening or why Midnight thought it was fair to put the quirkless girl in the mix with you two."

"You're right, that doesn't seem very fair," Deku said, thinking it through.

I put my hand on his arm and gave it a little squeeze. Damn, the kid's got some muscles under there. Who knew? "I can stay with you, right? You'll keep me safe?" I tried to sound as nervous as I could.

"Definitely."

"Great. I'm pretty sure I saw Todoroki running into that brick building a few minutes ago," I said, pointing to the building down the street.

"So he isn't far from us now," said Deku. "He's probably heading for that rooftop to be able to watch for us. I could jump there fairly quickly, but you'd be on foot and easily captured. We or I mean...You could... um... you could...," said Deku, his cheeks turning bright red.

I smirked. I knew where this was going. "I could ride you?" I asked.

"Um... Ride... on... my back. Yes, here, come on."

"Sure thing, hero," I said as I jumped on his back, piggy-back style, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Let's go get him."

Deku jumped us to the rooftop, where we landed. Immediately a sheet of ice knocked both of us backward. I was knocked from Deku's back and flung a few feet, hitting the concrete roof hard. The backs of my legs were scratched and my elbows felt numb.

"Y/N! Are you okay?" Deku shouted, getting up and running over to me.

"I'm fine," I said sitting up, rubbing my arms and looking at the cuts on my legs. I couldn't see Todoroki so he must have been on the other side of the ice. "Actually I think I have an item we can use," I said, reaching into my backpack. "Help me up." Deku held his hand out for me to grab, to help me stand up.

Here we go....

I had them in my hands, still in my backpack. I made sure they were ready to go.

In one quick motion, I swung them out and put the handcuffs on Deku.

The look of shock on his face was amazing.

He didn't say a word.

"You lost, Midoriya," said Todoroki, finally coming out from behind the ice.

Midoriya looked at both of us in confusion. "I... I don't.. I don't understand," he stammered.
Midnight's voice came over the radio. "The hero.. I mean the villain.. the hero... y/n and Todoroki won..," even Midnight sounded confused.