Werewolves Part 2

I RAN STRAIGHT INTO IGOR'S ARMS WHEN I RETURNED TO THE HOUSE. His lips quickly found mine as his hands held my body to his.
     "We've got more important things," Mary groaned. "The werewolves, what did they want?"
      I painfully broke away from Igor and stepped back so I could focus.
     "They want to see Igor," I stated. "To discuss terms of peace."
     "Do you trust them?" he asked me.
     "I do."
     "Then we shall discuss peace," he then turned to Mary. "Coming with us?"
     She smiled and nodded.
     "Like I'm going to let you two have all the fun," she chuckled.
     We ran to the cave and no surprise but it was empty. Mary's nose wrinkled as the smell remained.
     "They'll be back," I encouraged them. "The pack just had to go get dressed."
     "They weren't dressed?" Mary asked with a strained chuckle.
     "Their clothes don't just magically disappear and reappear with their change," I explained. "They keep easy to access clothing and blankets in the cave for when they phase back, but during the day they like to at least look like functioning humans."
     "How long will we be waiting for?" Igor asked.
     "Eager to get home?" I chuckled.
     He raised a brow and smirked at me, making me sure of where his head was.
     "Eager to get away from this stench," Mary grumbled.
     "We smell to them, too," I shrugged. "Mary, can you see?"
      She was shaking her head before I even finished the question.
     "I haven't been able to see anything since we left the house," she said nonchalantly.
     Igor approached me from behind and put his arms around my waist, then rested his head on my shoulder. Mary leant against the cave entrance, I let my head rest against Igor's and held his hands. That's how we waited.
     It was another hour before the pack arrived again, and all five of them looked as if they could have been backpackers travelling through the woods.
     "Thank you for waiting," Ian said. "We would have been here sooner but one of the pups couldn't find her shoes."
     The youngest of the five groaned. She had darker skin than the others and her eyes were thin and dark.
     "They weren't where I put them, Ian!" she shouted.
     Foreign appearance aside, she was good at English.
     "I don't care," he growled back to her before returning his attention back to us. More specifically, to Igor.
     "You wanted to discuss peace?" Igor coached.
     "Yes. However, I have a few questions before we decide the terms."
     "Of course."
     "Why did you approach us? What cause did you have to find us out?"
     "We actually live in the nearby town, just on the outskirts of it, actually. I am sure we would have cro-"
     "She mentioned that," Ian interrupted.
     I felt my jaw snap from irritation and Igor reached back to me. I took his hand firmly.
     "Then besides the obvious of our species. Mary," Igor continued and looked back at her. "Saw something that upset us quite a bit."
     "And what did the little bloodsucker see?"
    "She saw that we would be having guests, more specifically, my brides' father and his coven were coming to visit. But she became worried, as we all did when their futures abruptly vanish from her vision. We've then come to figure out why."
     "We would never intentionally harm golden-eyes, now," he added as an afterthought.
     "Her father's coven does not have golden-eyes as we do," Igor stated. "They hunt human blood. And also, a warning, her brothers' family is due to arrive in a few days, also. It's sort of a family reunion of sorts. Both covens will be here for as long as they desire, which I expect could leave from a day to four weeks. Don't kill any vampires between now and then and we should be fine. Otherwise, you'll have a lot of vampires on your pack waiting for the sunrise."
     Beverly looked at her brother, fear in her eyes. The younger members behind them also looked anxious, their heartbeats all had strengthened and accelerated in their fear.
     "How many of your kind will be here?" Ian asked.
     "In total, eleven. I understand that is a dangerously high number of vampires for your kind?"
     The unison growl from all members in response was the perfect answer.
     "We will of course well them you mean no harm to them, and they will mean no harm to you. If you want, I can send the leader of the two covens to come to meet with you, and discuss peace terms with them, also?"
     Ian slowly nodded.
     "Thank you," he muttered. "We move around a lot, it would be nice to not worry so much about some bloodsuckers. But we cannot be controlled on a full moon."
     "We're aware," Igor smirked. "Now, any more questions? Or shall we discuss peace?"
     "Small and simple, if we may. That we don't interfere with each other's lives," Ian said.
     "With the one exception, of course," Igor added.
     "What exception?"
     "Protecting the humans on a full moon. For while we're still in this area, which won't be for much longer, we're going to do everything we can to stop you from hurting them."
     "Thank you."
     "It's not for you."
     Ian nodded and reached out his hand. Igor had to let go of mine to walk forward enough to shake it. The shake looked painful for both men and broke apart quickly. Igor returned to us and Ian ran back a few steps to his pack.
     "Shall we?" Igor offered and waved back to the trees.
     "Has her fathers future changed?" Beverly asked quickly. "Was this meeting successful?"
     "I'm too close to you. I can't see any future here," Mary answered.
     Beverly nodded slowly in her quiet acceptance of this and they all turn and ran back through the trees, probably to their home to live the human side of their lives.
     "You two should hunt," Mary suggested, walking ahead. "I'll hold down the fort."
     "Miss Elizabeth has already hunted-"
     "But you haven't," I stated, looking into his dark eyes. "Let's go. We'll see you soon, Mary."
     She smiled and ran. Igor took my hand again and we also ran, but in a different direction. We followed the mountain's edge.
     Once the lingering smell of the werewolves was no longer in the air, Igor pushed me against the mountain edge and leant on it in front of me, trapping me there between his arms.
     "What's this?" I asked.
     "I hate werewolves," he grumbled.
     As I laughed at him, he roughly held his lips to mine.
     "You need to hunt," I managed to gasp out between his kisses.
     He grumbled something unintelligible before pulling away.
     "Patience, my love," I laughed.
     "My patience was used up when I was in a sinkhole for a month."
     I kissed his hand, still holding mine before I let go and followed the sound of animalistic heartbeats.