Family Uniting

WE FOLLOWED HER INTO THEIR HOUSE. I hadn't really had the opportunity to really appreciate the house when I had been there last. It was surprisingly similar to Igor's and mine, just far more open. And more modern.
     The floor we all stood at now was just one open room with a slightly raised stage with a grand piano on it, a large television hooks onto the wall opposite the stairs and three couches surrounding it.
     "So, where is it that you two are staying in town?" Esme asked as we walked in.
     On the other side of the room was the staircase up. Carlisle was now standing at the bottom of it, staring at me.
      "The other side of it," Igor answered. "We built it from the ground. It's easier than buying one."
     "We've managed to build a modern, classic home. Something I dreamed of living in growing up, and something Igor is familiar with," I added. I eyed Esme, as her eyes brightened with curiosity. Her interest in architecture. "You're always welcome to come and visit, Esme. Just warn us beforehand so I can clean up."
     "Messy, is it?" Emmett asked with a smirk.
     We didn't need to be Edward to know where his head was at.
     Igor laughed at the thought and I shook my head.
     "I wish it were that sort of mess!" Igor boomed.
     "No," I lightly slapped my mate. "Where Carlisle reads, I do art. I always seem to make a mess while doing it."
     "You paint?" Esme asked.
     "And draw, and shade, and sculpt," Igor listed, tightening his grip on me softly.
     "Carlisle, are you just going to stand there looking at me like I'm a ghost?" I asked, looking past Igor to him, still standing at the bottom of the stairs.
     "I'm s-"
     Before he finished, I ran up to him and put my hand over his mouth. I pulled it away and smiled at him.
     "Hello," I said calmly.
     "Hello."
     "You look really tired."
     "As do you."
     We smirked at each other. "There's no need to apologise, by the way. Your early past was enough, and besides, it wasn't your fault."
     I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the room and to Igor. "Brother, husband, husband, brother."
     "It's a pleasure to meet you, Carlisle. We've both been anxiously awaiting the day we finally could," Igor said softly.
     "The pleasure is mine," Carlisle responded.
     If I had a heartbeat, it would have been pounding like a train.
     Edward moved to the grand piano and began playing a beautiful tube that made me slowly swap.
     "Shall we, Miss Elizabeth?" Igor asked as he held a hand out to me.
     I took it with a smile and he spun me into the centre of the room.
     "What's this about?" I whispered in his ear so low and quiet no one would have heard over Edward's playing.
     "Your brother is here," Igor responded. "I have to be thorough."
     I laughed as he danced me around the large, open space.
     When I danced with Igor, it made me feel like a queen. I didn't even that others joined us. It was like were at an exclusive ball that only a few could attend.
     After the third song, Carlisle tapped Igor's shoulder and he graciously gave me to my brother.
     Edward chose then was the time to transition to a song that I knew he must have gotten from our heads, it was a song from our past, a song that had been played since the 1600s.
     I found myself getting sent to a whole new world dancing with my brother. As Carlisle twirled me around, stepping only where we knew how.
     The dance I had only ever watched through windows. In my head, we were back in 17th century London. Before the pain and before the vampires. A London where I wasn't the twin that was thrown out, I wasn't the girl who survived on the streets with scraps and sex. I got to wear pretty dresses. I got to be loved and be envied by all of London because I was the daughter of the head of the church. I was beautiful.
     A buzzing on my belt brought me back to the modern-day. I looked at my pager and felt the eyes of every other vampire on me. Just as Carlisle's pager went off and Esme's phone rang.
     All hands on deck.
     A truck had run into the local supermarket and collapsed.
     "This is bigger than we've had here before. It's going to be bloody," I looked from my pager to my sister. "Will you be alright, Esme?"
     "I'll make sure of it," she said firmly.