Broken Control

FOR A SHORT TIME I WASN'T SURE WHAT TO DO. The house was too quiet without Edward's piano playing, or Verity's soft snoring...
     I was still staring into space and a statue in the quietness of the new solitude when a warm, familiar, rough hand slid around my waist from behind me. The other moved hair from my neck so he could kiss it.
     "It is, so quiet," I muttered.
     "Aye," he whispered into my neck. "It is."
     His hand that had pulled back my hair, slid down my arm, though jumped from my wrist to my thigh then grazed back up to my stomach where his fingers dug underneath my shirt.
     "Is that where your mind is at?" I chuckled as he kissed me again.
     "I missed you," he whispered. "And you said so yourself, Miss Elizabeth. It is too quiet. So let yourself enjoy it."
     My eyes closed as he kissed me again; inside my head, there was a roar of a monster that surprised me. All through my immortal life, the one I remembered in its fullness, I had never heard or witnessed that monster before. It was as powerful as the pull and thirst that came with it. Not for blood, but for Igor.
     I managed to wiggle away from his hands so I could turn to face him, the monster growing inside my head wanted to pounce on him, to tear away his clothing and bite at his neck.
     Wow... I thought to myself and walked past Igor to get inside.
     Igor was much quicker to come inside once I was. His hands were back around me but I didn't step out of them again, I didn't want to. So instead, I turned and pulled his lips to mine. They seemed so much more needing than during the centuries we had Verity, even more so than the days after we separated with Carlisle.
     But the pull of the alure, the pull of Igor's body was overwhelming. It was all that filled my head until his fingers brushed the under of my breast. Then suddenly my head was back at the castle, leaning on that doorway in weakness, watching as his head was torn clean off.
     I flinched away from the memory, but Igor didn't let me step back.
     "Push through it, Miss Elizabeth," he whispered.
     His voice... his voice drowned out my own scream in my head. He was alive, he was here, and he was all I wanted ever.
     I let that monster roar inside my head, I let her reign and I loved it. I went straight for his trousers, tearing them as I pushed him onto the couch.
     Igor was grinning from ear-to-ear as I rushed over to him. I started kissing him before tearing off his shirt so I could kiss the skin on his chest and stomach.
     Before I reached where I had wanted to, he pulled my body to his and rolled us over so he was above me instead.

~~~~~

It was nearing sunset a week after when we finally slowed down. The couch had long since become debris around us, but I didn't seem to care. A couch was replaceable.
     I had Igor underneath me, I sat up and flicked my hair over my shoulder and he sat up with me, refusing to let his lips leave any part of my skin it could reach.
     "Igor, work..." I groaned though I didn't want it to stop. I didn't want any of it to stop.
     Igor growled underneath me and bit into my neck...

~~~~~

     "I was not aware we had so much built-up sexual tension," I moaned into his neck.
     I had now lost track of the time. It was meaningless, time. Though I knew that shouldn't be so. Time should be important, especially to us. Especially for...
     "Igor, Mary," I whispered and Igor's face broke away from me. "How long have you not gone to the Sanitarium?"
     His thick brows pulled together, though they softened out quickly as to softly caress the puckering between mine.
     "Igor," I sighed and pulled his hand from my face.
     "They wouldn't send her away because I never returned after convincing them to keep her in Georgia," Igor said, though he didn't sound very confident in his words.
     "You do not sound certain."
     "I am not."
     Igor pulled away from me and I sat up from the debris and watched him crawl back away from me in all his male glory. It was very distracting, but I knew I had to focus...
     Focus, though there was enough space in my mind to be worried about Mary Brandon's time in Georgia, thinking of every part if Igor's perfection, thinking that the house really was just Igor and me now and Verity was most definitely in Wisconsin by now... and still could think about that scan I had missed getting results for, for a patient in the medical hospital.
     "You need to get back to work, tonight," I pushed.
     "I know," he muttered, but then my favourite smirk came back and he quickly crawled back up to me.
     Though he didn't kiss me again, he rested a hand on my cheek and his forehead on mine.
     "When the sun goes down," he whispered to me.
     "I know," I responded before I quickly escaped from underneath him. "You need to focus."
      "With you like that?" he chuckled and ran up to me, again not kissing me, just always staying close, always touching. "Impossible."
     I chuckled and rushed out of his grip to dress. I heard him enter our room behind me and go to his own clothes to dress.