The Prophecy

"THAT WAS TOO EASY," Alec muttered. "Aro doesn't give up that quickly."
     "I say let's just take it," Lucy argued. "I mean, not one of us are in danger anymore."
     "How do you know?"
     "The intuitor!" Young Lilly said, grinning at Lucy like she did Mary Alice, like long-time friends.
     "The what?" Jane asked.
     Lilly's grin grew, her eyes were almost shining as bright as her skin.
     "The prophetess," Lilly said, pointing to herself. "The psychic," she continued, pointing to Mary Alice. "The intuitor!" She finished, pointing to Lucy. "Prophecies, visions, intuition. The eyes to the future!"
     Mary Alice chuckled. "That's cool," she said. "We're like a little club."
     "Well, the intuitor, says they're not coming back," Lucy said and shrugged.
     "Alec's right," Demetri said suddenly. "Aro never gives up quickly. If he left this suddenly with his crown between his legs, he will never forgive any of us."
     Lucy ran closer to she was beside Igor and me.
     "Whatever comes at any of us, we will be ready to fight," Tanya said, approaching Carlisle. "We are always a phone call away, Carlisle."
     "We may not be family," Peter said. "But Charlotte and I owe Jasper our lives. If your families are ever in danger, we want you all to consider us reliable help."
     Charlotte nodded in quiet agreement. Jasper suppressed his prideful smile. Though something was bothering me...
     Prophecy.
     "When you said your prophecy earlier," I turned to Lilly. "What did you mean?"
     "I meant what I said," she said with a sweet smile.
     "What you said didn't make sense."
     "Miss Elizabeth," Igor said in a warning tone. He rested a comforting hand on my shoulder.
     "No," I snapped at him. "What is going to happen to us? Witch twins reuniting? I'm guessing this is the first time, there's going to be another? And peace reigning? I want to know if we've been sentenced to a legitimate war before I let my guard down!"
     Lilly said nothing, though we all waited.
     "Alice?" Rosalie chirped. "Have you seen anything of the sort?"
     "I saw a flash of something when Liz and Carlisle first met, but it was only a quick flash and hazy, like decisions unmade. I never saw it again so I didn't think of it," Mary answered.
     "What was it?" Igor asked.
     "A fight. A big one, too. Not just our friends and family, I think it involved everyone. I didn't see a lot, only the fighting."
     "But still, witch twins? That can't be right, Carlisle doesn't have powers," Tanya argued.
     "Doesn't he?" Lilly smirked.
     Everyone, even the recently former Volturi, turned to Eleazar. He laughed and quickly held his hands up like he was surrendering.
     "I have not sensed anything from Carlisle," he admitted.
     "Is that another prophecy?" Esme asked Lilly.
     "It could just be a reference to the split genders?" Bella suggested. "You're both twins, but you're both also one girl and one boy. Was that considered, witchy, in the past?"
      "Well, yes," I said. It was why I was thrown out as a babe.
     Lilly was shaking her head. "The brightest light shines in the darkest war," Lilly whispered softly.
     "Then it's official," Carlisle groaned. "We've been sentenced to war."
     "And it has been prophecised that we fight with you," Alec said calmly. "Witch twins."
     "It's funny," Lucy suddenly burst out laughing. "That all four of you are blondes!"
      Emmett and Mary Alice joined her laughter in that fact.
     Though something began to burn inside me. Panic. Fear. Hatred at the Volturi.
     War.
     An actual, war amongst vampires. And not just the southern wars... if this was as big as Mary Alice claimed, some of us would most definitely die.
     If I had a heartbeat, it would have been racing. I could even feel my breath coming faster. So I moved away from the group to get some space as the panic settled.
     Just as I reached the other side of the clearing, my knees buckled and I was suddenly on the wet grass.
     War.
     Why war? Why us!
     Why Carlisle?
     What had he done to deserve this fate? What could he have done to deserve any of this?
     I wanted to scream... to cry. I wanted to throw something.
     "Elizabeth," Carlisle suddenly said behind me. I hadn't heard him approach.
     His voice sounded strained. I knew the feeling.
     "Keep Jasper away from me," I snapped. "I want to feel this."
     Carlisle sat on the grass in front of me and pried my hands off the grass. I must have been looking at him for at least a minute before I just threw my arms around his shoulders and hugged him. There was no way I was going to let go. Not ever. I didn't want to. If we went home to Forks, I'd never stop being on edge. I'd never stop worrying about him.
     I may not have known Carlisle for long but I couldn't picture life without my brother, and I didn't want to. Thinking like I was going to lose Carlisle, it almost felt like losing a part of me... and that was terrifying. Not like if I had lost Igor...
     Igor! There was no way he was letting me stop him from taking part in this. If I was going to have to fight in anything he would be right by my side whether I wanted him to or not.
     Especially if it involved the Volturi.
     And Lucy. Poor Lucy, so young. She hadn't even gone to school yet! Would she have time to graduate at least once before this fight happened? Would she listen to me if I told her to run and not fight?
     I doubt it.
     "I'm stopping you both right there," Edward said walking forward.
     Carlisle and I broke apart but didn't stop staring into each other worried eyes.
     "I only speak for myself, but if you two fight, I'm going to be right there by your side."
     "Hold up, they were thinking of getting us out of it?" Emmett asked.
     "Both of them."
     "Seriously?" Lucy gasped.
     "Come on, Carlisle!" Emmett yelled. "You'd try and take that away from me? I can't wait to show those Volturi scum who they're messing with!"
     "And you're definitely not getting me to turn my back," Lucy said crossing her arms. "I'm a weapon after all. They can't fight you if they're fighting cancer."
     "Lucy," I sighed.
     "Nope. I'm fighting with you, you're my mum. For better or for worse I'm with you."