Incubus

Incubus is a special type of metahuman that can enter people's mind and the only one known to possess such abilities is Y/N. Captured by an underground agency and forced to obey orders, she has a new task today: to get inside The Joker's head and find out where he stashed half a billion dollars after he pulled what everybody calls "the heist of the century".

 Captured by an underground agency and forced to obey orders, she has a new task today: to get inside The Joker's head and find out where he stashed half a billion dollars after he pulled what everybody calls "the heist of the century"

"Regression will begin shortly," one of the doctors announces on the intercom. "Prepare for countdown."

You lay on the cold metal table next to the Joker's body: he's medicated into a dreamless sleep, ready to have you purge his mind for the answer to the burning question: where did he stash half a billion dollars?

After being arrested two weeks ago, The King of Gotham refused to speak nor disclose any information to the authorities; they tried everything: drugs, blackmail, best intimidation tactics and psychologists without success.

J didn't crack.

Fed up with the puzzling mystery, CIA decided to use the top secret research facility operating under the grid where the infamous Incubus is held prisoner.

"A few reminders," the flat voice echoes in the sealed laboratory. "Do not attempt to elude us, we have your little girl! If you aim to play us we'll revoke visiting time."

You blankly stare at the ceiling, upset they repeat the same rules when you're forced to use your powers; the 15 minutes you're allowed to spend with Mia on Saturdays is all you live for since they incarcerated both of you six months ago.

How you wish you could kill them but they found a solution to prevent you from rebelling.

"Please note that in case you plan to get inside our brains and compel us to stop breathing, your daughter will die. Confirm acknowledgement."

"Confirm," you bitterly reply because it hurts to have your child endangered; you could end them right this moment if it wasn't for her.

Unfortunately, they found a way to subdue your terrific ability: the crew assigned to project Incubus carries portable heart monitoring devices 24/7; they resemble wrist watches and if just one individual's pulse deactivates, it will set of the explosive in Mia's collar. The 5 years old has no clue that what she believes to be a cute necklace is actually a device meant to eradicate her.

"Countdown to regression," the clinician reports and the speakers carry his words around the room. "Five, four, three, two, one. Initiate!"

**************

You walk in the darkness, surprised you didn't bump into memories yet: usually that's the first thing you stumble upon when invading a person's subconscious. He's been under your spell for 10 minutes now and the void proves his twisted mind is probably worse than anyone thinks: The Clown is lost in the maze of his own insanity.

A couple more steps and you finally distinguish four doors ahead which means you'll be able to analyze The Joker's recollections.

First Door