Secrets Part 2

The Joker did something so unforgivable and despicable you don't ever want to see him again. After months of avoiding The King of Gotham, you really can't understand why he appointed you as the only person to take care of his son in case of emergency. There's no way you'll accept to help the little boy in his father's absence, yet the three years old has no fault in what happened between you and your ex.

 There's no way you'll accept to help the little boy in his father's absence, yet the three years old has no fault in what happened between you and your ex

It's been two months since The Joker's son came to live with you in Los Angeles. At first, he was scared and anxious, barely said any words besides short answers to your questions. Alexis asked about his parents on a daily basis and Y/N often accompanied the little boy when he went to search for them inside the house. You noticed he liked to hold on to your long dresses while following you around, that's why you made sure to wear clothes he could easily grab.

It wasn't hard to realize that was kind of like a security blanket to Alexis: the woman taking care of him seemed nice and the three years old's instinct was to stay close to her. She always comforted him when he would start crying because he wanted his mom and dad; she even allowed a few henchmen to bring their kids over so he can play with other children.

You wanted to hate Alexis, you really did. But how can you hate an innocent nugget? It wasn't his fault for anything that happened and it's not that he had a choice in being born as The King of Gotham's son.

The Godfather wasn't happy when he found out his daughter rendered shelter to J's offspring, especially after the way your relationship ended. He listened to your explanations and reasons on why you decided to care for the young boy, comprehending a simple fact: you made up your mind and that was the end of discussion. Despite his disapproval, your father admired your stubbornness and strong will simply because they were inherited from him.

Although you were against the idea, Jase increased the security at your home; he wasn't prepared to risk your safety just in case somebody would actually have the courage to step over boundaries and come for Alexis.

He didn't know things were already in motion.

***********

"Here, eat your orange," you place the plate with the sliced fruit in front of the little man seating at the table and impatiently waiting for his favorite treat. You sigh as he takes the first bite and smiles.

He has The Joker's smile; not that fake grin J displays for others to see, but the one he shows in private on rare occasions, his actual smile. Thinking about the first time you confessed how much you liked that about him hurts more than it should; he probably laughed with his wife behind your back while plotting on how to manipulate your feelings in order to obtain maximum financial benefits from the trades with LA.

** It was a Friday morning and you woke up first.

"You want breakfast babe?" you yawned and kissed his shoulder, cuddling more to his body.