The Bucket List Part 3

Two months after breaking up with The Joker, you found out the bad news. You didn't have a choice but to ask for his help and J didn't even show up for the meeting. Of course he didn't care, but now that he heard why you wanted to see him so badly, it might be too late for any amendments.

 Of course he didn't care, but now that he heard why you wanted to see him so badly, it might be too late for any amendments

J is sleeping with his head against your chest, completely out of it. He likes to do this lately since a lot of times he can't really tell if you're still breathing or not. Even if your blood pressure gets really low, he can at least hear your heartbeat and knows you're alive.

Suddenly, he yanks at your waist so hard it wakes you up and you start coughing in a frenzy, startled.

"What's wrong, baby?" you ask, trying to calm down and J gasps for air, opening his eyes to look at you.

"I dreamed that you died," he snuggles to your body even more, panting.

"It was a nightmare; I'm here," you kiss his forehead and manage to stop coughing. You peek at the clock: only 6am. "We should sleep in, it's very early."

The Joker just growls and rubs his eyes, uneasy for a few more moments.

"I'm gonna miss you..." you whisper in his ear.

"I'm not going anywhere, Pumpkin," he yawns, exhausted.

"But I am..." you sadly smile and he frowns, watching you attempt to get comfortable in his arms.

"NO!" J utters, covering your mouth. "You're staying with me, OK?"

You don't reply and he lets go. You feel the need to get it all out before it's too late:

"I really wanted a baby...with your eyes and my hair. Remember how pretty my hair used to be?"

He doesn't know what to say and you continue:

"I know you wanted a boy, I'm sorry I can't have children in the state I'm in..." and you take a deep breath, struggling not to cry.

"Don't worry about it, Princess, I don't care," he grumbles and you peck his lips, getting more and more upset:

"I don't want to die..." you finally bring it up for the first time ever and bite on your tongue really hard so you won't start sobbing.

"Jesus, kid, I won't let you die, OK?!" J strives to comfort you and squeezes you in his arms harder.

"Do you think I'll make it to my 37th birthday?" you whimper, worried about the gloomy future.

"For God's sake, of course you will! And then you'll make it to another one, and another one, and another one... I promise!" he lifts your chin up so you can look at him.

"Really?" you gulp, staring in his blue eyes.

"Yes, I promise!" he insists and you bury your face in his neck, wanting to point out the truth: