The God of Chaos

Death is not what people think it is: for one decade at a time, the souls of the departed take turns in playing the part. For the next 10 years, The Joker's daughter will fulfill the task and he is the only mortal to know the secret. The King of Gotham can summon Emma in order to punish those who killed the two people he ever considered family: his Princess and her mother.

 The King of Gotham can summon Emma in order to punish those who killed the two people he ever considered family: his Princess and her mother

Warning: mention of assault

"He's over there!!!" one of the men chasing The Joker shouts and rushes after him, not wanting to lose the prey inside the vastness of the abandoned building. The other six hunters follow their leader up the stairs, so feverish and hyped at the thought of murdering The King of Gotham they don't realize he's not even trying to make himself disappear in the maze of concrete, bricks and plastic curtains scattered all over the convoluted hallways.

"Don't let the son of the bitch escape!!" the mobster in charge signals for two of his goons to go left and right through the parallel corridors, this way they can block J's path if he attempts to flee by sneaking back towards the staircase. Guns are fired as a last warning but The Joker is still running ahead, almost stumbling on a few bags of cement piled up at the entrance leading to the last room on the 5th floor.

J abruptly stops in the middle of the deserted huge lobby, realizing there are no other exits besides the one he just came out of: he can't turn around because those chasing him are just seconds behind. He paces towards the windows and yanks at the wood planks sealing the only other possible way out; they are nailed and won't budge.

"Well, well, well," the voices and ruckus alert they cough up with him. "If it's not his majesty The King," someone snickers and J slowly turns around to face them.

"Where are you going, hm?" the boss catches his breath while his men surround a trapped Joker with no means to break free.

The Clown Prince of Crime growls, backing out towards the collapsed wall that's sealing the doors leading to the next floor up.

"Hey!!!" one henchman yells. "Self-proclaimed Agent of Chaos, Mister Nix asked you a question!" he sarcastically refers to The Joker's nickname.

The eerie smirk creeping up on the crazy man's lips annoys the group: they take at as defiance when in fact it's pure joy.

"There's nowhere to go! Why don't you come closer so we can talk?" Nix suggests, enjoying his victory.

"Who says I want to go anywhere?" J finally speaks, his eyes lightened with lunacy. "I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be."

"Cut down your sarcasm, Mister Agent of Chaos. I don't think you can afford it!" someone informs and The Joker sneers:

"I'm not an Agent; I am The God of Chaos!"

"Oooohhh, are you?" one of the guys laughs, amused. "And what makes you a God?" he imitates The Joker's deep voice the best way he can, aiming his gun at the green haired King.