John Wick Part 3

Y/N left The Organization 3 years ago for the one reason strong enough to make her settle down: love. But after tragedy crushed her to pieces, she decided to leave The Joker and seek refuge with an old friend and mentor - John Wick. Needless to say The King of Gotham can't accept his wife running away without a word, especially since he didn't have a chance to tell her things she might want to hear.

 Needless to say The King of Gotham can't accept his wife running away without a word, especially since he didn't have a chance to tell her things she might want to hear

The Joker listens at the bedroom's door, impatient to have a conversation with you. It seems you are engaged into a fervent phone call with Winston and figured he shouldn't interrupt.

"Please, anything you can discover would be a great help! U-hum... U-hum... Thank you," and you hang up, which queues your husband to walk into the room.

You completely ignore him, scrolling through the numerous text messages you sent to your connections; several are already answering back and hopefully you can get some news soon. The more people are involved into the project, the more chances to find Kase and untangle the mystery of what happened to him after he was removed from the car.

"You left me there," The Joker sneaks in and closes the door behind him. "Luckily we had Wick with us so he gave me a ride."

No reaction. He takes a deep breath, trying to get your awareness.

"I didn't sleep with Evelyn; sex wasn't the reason why I kept visiting her. I know how that asshole made it sound and he was totally out of line!"

You quickly glance at him, busy replying to Ares since you feel you're going to explode soon.

"The only skill I was interested in is the fact that she is an excellent painter and a popular art smuggler, OK?" J raises his voice, sort of annoyed you neglect to participate into his monologue. "I did not cheat, alright?" he approaches his wife. "First of all: I'm VERY picky! Second of all: why would I want a woman everyone else had?! I don't like used toys. Third: nobody's been polishing my gun as you tastefully addressed the issue! I have one Queen and I married her!!"

A little bit of doubt in your eyes and he utilizes the opportunity.

"You said you saw me going to her house? I did! The Bowery King asked if it was for the last 6 months? Yeah, I did! You know why?!"

At least now The Joker got your attention: you play it cool but he guesses you're torn apart by his confession.

Many unfortunate events crammed in lately and hating the man you love made life infinitely more unbearable.

"Why...?" you barely muster the strength to inquire and he sees it as a possibility to mend a few broken pieces; although you can hide your emotions well, J can still read between the lines.

Maybe that's why he answers with another question:

"Do you realize there are just three Monet paintings in circulation on the black market in the entire world? You admire his work and it took a lot of effort and a substantial fortune to acquire The Water Lily Pond painting. Evelyn Black helped with the transaction, then I had her make some modifications to the original masterpiece."