The Answer Is No

After The Joker refused to marry you several times, he actually had the nerve to invite you to his own wedding. Such unexpected, shocking news would have made anybody else crumble with grief. The Queen of New York wasn't one of those people: she took it as mockery coming from the man whom she loved with all her heart, an unforgivable insult that could never be redeemed.

 The Queen of New York wasn't one of those people: she took it as mockery coming from the man whom she loved with all her heart, an unforgivable insult that could never be redeemed

"Why don't you wanna marry me?" you had to ask after he declined...again.

"I just don't want to, woman. Quit pestering me with this nonsense!" The Joker kept on piling up the money you brought to the meeting as a payment for the diamonds purchased from him.

"Is it because I'm not very pretty? Is that the reason?!" you kept on going, upset about the repeated rejections. "I know I'm not a stunning beauty, but with make-up I look decent, ok? Don't expect me to do any plastic surgery, it's not going to happen!" you pointed out even if he didn't say anything. "What you see is what you get: I'm aware I don't have the best body out there, I have to wear Spanx in order to tame some of my curves. I mean, it could be worse so I don't understand why you don't want to get hitched!"
J rolled his eyes, annoyed he had to listen to this crap more often than necessary.

"Are you done?!" he growled, hoping the rant will end soon.

You answer with another tirade:

"Aren't you happy that you strike my fancy?! I consider you a very attractive specimen and you probably realize you're not everybody's cup of tea. The way you look is not considered..." and a worked up Y/N paused, trying to find the perfect word, "...conventional. Most women would run away scared. "

The Joker gave you a displeased, cold glare; nothing that was going to stop The Queen of New York though:

"I understand you've never been wooed before and you're not used to it. Just marry me and the rest will work itself out!"

"Listen here, Y/N!" J lost his temper which was nothing new. "You've been asking me for months and my answer will never change: it's NO! We didn't date, we were never together, it's strictly business between us; I don't want to marry you or nothing of the sorts! Do I make myself clear???!!! "

You bit on your lip, saddened at his indifference:

"A day will come when you wish you would have said yes," the forewarning words made him snarl:

"Give me a break, Y/N! That will never happen!"

***************

After your father's unexpected assassination, you found yourself in charge of his empire: the sole heir of all the trades and fortune. The late mobster had Gotham listed as one of New York's main business partners and that didn't change with his death.

Due to the nature of transactions and the circles you were involved with, The Joker was a constant presence in your life way before your parent's demise. You always had a thing for him that kind of grew into sort of a little obsession. Unfortunately, The Clown Prince of Crime didn't share your feelings; still that didn't stop you from trying to get him.