Mommy Part 3

It was a well known fact The Joker's girlfriend left him with four young children and disappeared. It was also known that his ex stepped up and took care of them even if she didn't have to. The King of Gotham might have lost his woman, but he never lost his Queen.

 The King of Gotham might have lost his woman, but he never lost his Queen

After 2 months

The Joker is alone in the VIP room, enjoying his solitude; he ordered everyone to clear the premises and wait outside since his business meeting ended earlier than expected. Out of the blue, the cell alerts of a new message. J slides the screen and a picture with you and Mia laughing pops up: you are both wearing matching headbands with yellow flowers, identical pearl necklaces and PJ's made from the same fabric.

He barely smiles, when a new picture with you and now all the boys added in the frame pops up, apparently ready for bed. The Joker's smile gets a little bit wider, then after a few seconds it disappears under the usual frown. He starts texting something back but changes his mind and erases the words, staring at the images one more time before placing the phone inside his pocket.

At the penthouse, you didn't even wait for a reply since J never comments when you send him pics with the children; you get notifications they were seen and I guess that's the best you'll ever get.

"Kase honey, stop jumping on the bed, it's time to sleep, ok?"

The four years old is still energetic so he keeps on jumping, chanting your name:

"Mo-mmy! Mo-mmy!!! Mo-mmyyy!!!"

"Kasey, be good and listen to me!" you try to make him behave while exiting his room with a clear purpose: taking Mia to her crib. The baby girl fell asleep in your arms, resting her head on your good shoulder. You are really not supposed to hold the kids or lift them up since it will take a while to completely heal from the injury you sustained, yet sometimes you can't help it.

You carefully place her in the cradle, sneaking up into the room next door to make sure the twins are still dozing off. Thank goodness they are and you close the door to their bedroom, immediately rushing to Kase's room when you hear the thud followed by crying.

The boy was hopping up and down when he accidentally moved too much towards the edge of the bed and landed on the floor right on his face. The carpet is soft but the impact scared him nevertheless.

"My poor little man," you pick him up, worried he might have broken something.

Kase whimpers and hugs you, searching for comfort. You kiss the child's head and caress his back, soothing the pain.

"Are you ok?" you wipe his tears, making him sit on the bed while you analyze him.

"Y-yes..." he stutters, sniffling.

"Then why are you crying honey?" you ask, cupping his face and the answer makes you hold in the laugh.

"Don't know, mommy..."