The Promise Part 2

The Joker never saw it coming; he left his guard down for a moment and it all went to pieces. Nothing to hold on to now except his son and the memory of you. But maybe there is something else that won't let him go either...

"You're my prisoner for the night," you would hold his hands above his head

"You're my prisoner for the night," you would hold his hands above his head. "I'm not gonna let you go anywhere," and you kissed his neck painfully slow.

"I don't wanna go anywhere," J would growl, admitting to the truth. "Unless Kase wakes up, crying...but we can always start all over, hm?"

"Ohhh, I don't mind that," you whispered in his ear and backed up on top of him just enough to take your lacy nightgown off. "Don't look at my stretchmarks, ok?" you used to plead, self-conscious about them.

" Stretchmarks? Nahhhh..." J would trace them on your tummy. "These are battle wounds, Y/N. And you've clearly won the battle: we have a very cute baby."

"He is cute, huh?" you would giggle, tossing the garment somewhere behind you.

"Yeah, thanks to me," The Joker used to taunt, pinching your thigh. "Obviously."

"Are you calling me ugly?" you frowned, slapping his chest.

"Nope... you're a very pretty girl, but don't tell anybody. I don't want someone to steal you away."

"Wow, did you just say that loud?" you let your head fall on his shoulder, laughing.

"No, I didn't," The Joker would pucker his lips, antagonized he actually uttered such words. "You're hearing things, Y/N."

"Probably; I'm getting old," and you reached over to kiss him, smiling.

That smile of yours...

"Daddy, daddy..." the shy voice wakes him up. "Daddy, you're talking in your sleep," his son touches his arm, placing a small plate on the side of the bed.

J blinks, reality settling in. Sometimes he doesn't want to wake up. At all. He wants to dream about you, uninterrupted; at least that.

"Hey, kid...," he moves up on the pillows, yawning.

"I made you breakfast," Kase shows him the plate with some burned toast and a bit of grape jelly on top.

"That's nice..." The Joker sighs. "Did you eat?"

"U-hum, Frosty brought a lot of food over."

He always does. All the henchmen take turns to make sure nothing is missing from the penthouse. They are a bunch of jerks, but they know the kid needs food and J told them to take care of it so they obey. Their boss is out of it, even more than before; God knows for how long, and they all feel they are walking on eggshells. The King of Gotham is lost since you were murdered 4 months ago.

He has no idea on how to be a parent on his own. You were the one that seemed to know more than him about that kind of stuff. He is just... somehow winging it. And it makes him even more enraged since you are not there to help. It's not that he is neglecting his child; it's more like he is trying to ignore him. Why? Because Kase reminds The Joker of you. He struggles with his demons so much there is no room for too much more.