The Devil's Wings

What makes the Underworld unbearable is not the darkness and despair, but the absence of love. Nothing ever shined in the void until today because something has changed: The Dark Kingdom now has a Dark Lord and a Queen of Light, an abomination allowed to exist simply because despite the contradiction, they can never be separated again.

 Nothing ever shined in the void until today because something  has changed: The Dark Kingdom now has a Dark Lord and a Queen of Light, an abomination allowed to exist simply because despite the contradiction, they can never be separated again

The demon's heavy steps make the desolated lands outside The Gates of Inferno shake under his unholy presence. The King of The Underworld is holding the treasured mortal in his arms, careful not to scratch her body with the sharp, long claws. Y/N is on the verge on dying, the human not being able to withstand such transgression: no living soul can survive in the uncanny darkness surrounding the Shadow Realm. It's a miracle she made it this far.

The hooves stop their movement for a few moments, the monster carefully listening; there is something strange in the misty air and he knows exactly what it is.

His enormous black wings keep on burning with such ferocity that the few stones scattered throughout the abyss melt under the scorching heat. The flames intensify as the Dark Lord approaches his Kingdom, the fire soothing his body with much needed energy: what he's about to do is forbidden and he knows it.

The deafening sound of thunder echoes in the stillness, followed by the blinding flash of celestial glow. The Guardian of Light materializes outside The Gates, his silver wings flapping in the void before silently floating towards his body.

"Blasphemy!" he shouts, the Sacred Spear pointed towards the Dark Lord. "Take her back!"

"She's mine!" the demon snarls, continuing to walk.

"She's still alive and she doesn't even belong in there! You have to take her back!"

The King halts in front of the beautiful creature, his will unbend.

"If I take her back she'll die and go to a place I cannot follow. She belongs to me!"

"This is sacrilege! You cannot pass!!!" the Guardian repeats when The Gates suddenly open, the Keepers of Darkness crawling out to their master's aid. Millions of servants surround the silver winged Messenger, scratching and howling while pulling at his immaculate robes.

The demon has free passage now, tightening his grip on Y/N.

"STOP!!! STOP!!!! You don't know what will happen if you do that!!!!" the last warning reaches The King's ears. He just turns around for a few moments, his sinister mouth speaking the truth for once:

"You don't know either!"

The Sacred Spear strikes left and right, The Guardian trying to escape. The last thing he sees before finally flying towards the sky is the Dark Lord entering his Shadow Realm as the Gates made of skulls and bones close behind him.

**************

The demon steadily paces towards The River of Tears, volcanic rocks and solidified tar cracking under his feet. The eerie stream passes through The Underworld, its strong current twisting and distorting each new arrival according to their evil deeds. There is no way around the diabolical waters: The River of Tears has no beginning and no end.