The Work Wife Part 4

You've been working for The Joker for the past 10 years: you speak and act for him and no matter the circumstances, Y/N is always there to take care of everything he needs. The King of Gotham might not be married, yet he has a perfect partner: his work wife.

  The King of Gotham might not be married, yet he has a perfect partner: his work wife

The Presidential suite at Marion Hotel Casino, Las Vegas

6 days into your honeymoon

"This never happened to me before," The Joker frowns while you lift your shoulders up, trying to be sympathetic:

"It's ok, it happens to everybody at one point."

"But I'm The Joker!" he reminds a relaxed Y/N that doesn't seem to understand the severity of what just happened.

You squeeze the small, decorative pillow to your chest and lean over to kiss him:

"It has nothing to do with that; I'm telling you, it's not that uncommon. Totally fine, don't be embarrassed."

"Embarrassed?!" J sarcastically grins. "I'm completely naked! Why do you have to rub it in my face?!"

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna tell anybody," you fiddle with your ponytail for a few moments before reassuring: "Your reputation is safe with me."

The Joker scratches his chin, straining to find a solution yet there's none. His wife takes a deep breath and utters the words she's been dying to say for the past 30 seconds:

"Checkmate!!"

"Ugh!" he kicks the chess board with his foot and the pieces fly all over the bed.

"You're such a sore loser," you laugh and start cleaning the mess he just made.

After rejecting the idea of playing strip poker because you knew J would cheat, you decided to go with chess since it will make the games entirely fair. In the last two hours he lost his sweatpants, t-shirt, socks, 3 gold chains, 5 rings and his Rolex and least but not last, his boxers.

"I still need payment though," you carefully look around to make sure you're gathering everything.

The Joker gestures towards the pile on your left containing his clothes and accessories, enunciating the obvious.

"I have nothing more to give, Y/N!"

"I'll take one of your earrings," you extend the palm of your hand and wait. He growls and detaches the diamond from his right ear, bitterly handing over the requested item.

"Thaaaank you," you add the shiny stone to the rest of the stuff taken from the moody husband. "Let's play some more," you propose and he gets out of bed, done with the temporary entertainment that didn't go his way.

"I think I'll walk away while I still have an earring and a shred of dignity left."

"Here's your wedding ring back," you offer the only thing you're able to part with from the stack containing your winnings. He gives you his hand and you slide the band on his finger, closing one eye due to the discomfort in your jaw.