What Makes You Happy

You do so many things for The Joker and what you usually get back is attitude. Very frustrating to deal with, especially after his latest stunt. Makes one wonder if it's really worth it...

"Take whatever makes you happy," Max points out towards all the riches in the warehouse as a reward for helping him

"Take whatever makes you happy," Max points out towards all the riches in the warehouse as a reward for helping him. His two sons were captured by the SWAT team and you used everything you've got to get them out of jail; it was very hard since they were taken to Belle Reve but you managed anyway. No choice because you had only one goal in mind: to get your Joker back.

He is actually tight up on a chair in the back of the huge room, busted lip and a few bruises. Max thought The Clown Prince of Crime was responsible for his sons' bad luck and captured him, refusing to release the prisoner no matter what. You don't really mess with Max; he owns Los Angeles. That's why you took it upon yourself to work something out.

"Whatever makes me happy?" you repeat, distrait.

"Yes. You know I mean it when I say it." It's true: Max is actually one of the few mob leaders that has what it's called honor among thieves and you are counting on it.

"I want him!" you point towards your man.

"You want him?! Are you serious?! He's an asshole!" Max snaps, not understanding what the hell is wrong with you.

"U-hum," you nod your head, being the first one to admit it.

"He makes you happy?! Must be the worst boyfriend ever!"

"You can say that again..." you sigh, glaring at J that pretends not to notice your presence. Always such a cheer.

"You can literally have anything you want in here: money, diamonds, gold, weapons," he tries to renegotiate. "Take your pick, as much as you want, whatever makes you happy," Max punches his fists together, sucking on his cheeks.

"I want him," you insist, really hoping you don't have to start a war between LA and Gotham; this is precisely what you are trying to avoid.

"He's a jerk !" Max raises his voice, annoyed you are so persistent in your request.

"Yeap," you frown, wondering why in the world you are so stupid.

"Why do you keep on hanging in there by his side?! Jasper (that's his oldest) always had a thing for you - it's no secret. I would love for you to be my daughter-in-law. Just give up on this hopeless case, hm?"
You scratch your neck, debating, yet still...

"Max, you said whatever makes me happy. I returned your sons, didn't I?"

"You did," he huffs, upset you twisted stuff in your favor.

"I don't think J's at fault here," you try to defend your boyfriend, even if you are 70% sure he was involved.

"Of course not," Max sarcastically replies. "Forever innocent, right?"