John Wick Part 1

Y/N left The Organization 3 years ago for the one reason strong enough to make her settle down: love. But after tragedy crushed her to pieces, she decided to leave The Joker and seek refuge with an old friend and mentor - John Wick. Needless to say The King of Gotham can't accept his wife running away without a word, especially since he didn't have a chance to tell her things she might want to hear.

 Needless to say The King of Gotham can't accept his wife running away without a word, especially since he didn't have a chance to tell her things she might want to hear

Your high heels click on the marble floor, numerous conversations stopping in the hotel's lobby since you haven't been seen around in the past 3 years. The concierge can't hide a smile and you take your sunglasses off, finally making it to the front desk after driving for hours.

"Welcome to the Continental, Miss Y/N. Such a pleasure to see you."

"Thank you Charon," you remove 7 gold coins out of your purse and slide them on the counter towards him. "It's good to see you too."

"For how long will we have the pleasure of your company?" the man inquires, taking a peek at the computer's screen to make sure he can shuffle things if needed.

"One night."

"That will only be 4 coins," Charon informs and you point out at the tiny pile:

"The rest is for you."

"Thank you, Miss Y/N," he smiles again, typing on the keyboard. "Your old room is available; it will be a couple of minutes for us to add a few finishing touches."

"Sure. Is the manager here?" you ask because you texted him this morning to announce your arrival.

"He's waiting at the bar," Charon gestures towards the elevator and you take a deep breath, excited and a bit nervous about the upcoming encounter. "Also, if I may... Allow me to express my deepest condolences."

You bite on your lip and can't utter a sound besides nodding your head instead of a reply: although it's a genuine declaration, it caught you off-guard.

You slowly walk towards the elevator and once inside you press the B button when a hand halts the doors from closing; you know whom those tattooed knuckles belong to. Ares squeezes inside looking like she wants to kill everyone. What else is new?

"I thought that was you," the woman uses the sign language and you silently gaze at her.

"Which floor?" you sign back.

"10th," her thumb indicates the number.

The elevator's doors shut and she analyzes Y/N, deciding to continue the conversation:

"Remember I told you next time we bump into each other I'm going to kill you?" the mute assassin's threat brings a faint smirk on your lips.

"Shut up," you elbow her and the smartass response doesn't fail:

"I'm always as quiet as a mouse."

You chuckle and Ares grins at her own cleverness, having a nice suggestion for the evening.