Secrets Part 1

The Joker did something so unforgivable and despicable you don't ever want to see him again. After months of avoiding The King of Gotham, you really can't understand why he appointed you as the only person to take care of his son in case of emergency. There's no way you'll accept to help the little boy in his father's absence, yet the three years old has no fault in what happened between you and your ex.

You have no idea for how long you've been driving, but you feel the need to pull over again: the restlessness is becoming unbearable and the tears clouding your vision make it dangerous to continue the trip for the moment

You signal and switch lanes, slowly approaching the emergency shoulder ahead without a clue about what to do afterwards; one thing's for sure though: Y/N will definitely take refuge in LA.

At this point it's safe to say that the town her father owns is probably the only home she ever had; not a very comforting notion yet the shocking revelation she accidentally stumbled upon a few hours ago doesn't leave any room for alternatives.

You park as close as possible to the concrete railing and get out of the SUV, the cold air making you shiver since your coat is quite thin for the chilly spring afternoon. You start pacing around the car, hesitantly glaring at your cellphone. Should you make the call now or wait?... ...

Might as well get it over with.

You press the screen on the sole name listed under "Important Contacts": Dad.

The Joker's phone number used to be there also; it got blocked and removed when you had to stop for fuel at a gas station back in Gotham.

Jase picks up right away and the sound of his familiar voice makes it harder to keep yourself together.

"Hey, kiddo."

"Hi daddy," you sniffle and bite on your lip, not wanting to cry. "How are you?"

"Not bad for an old man, kid. How's my favorite daughter?" he asks and despite not remembering being more upset in your life, you still crack a smile since the mobster doesn't have any other children.

"I'm OK dad," you gulp and continue. "I'm actually on my way to Los Angeles; I should be there tomorrow night."

"That's great, Y/N! I didn't see you in a while and I sure miss you. How long are you staying?"

You take a deep breath, almost chocking on the painful words:

"Indefinitely..."

Absolute silence for a few seconds and then Jase growls:

"What the fuck did he do now?"

You sigh, choosing not to share the specifics of your decision.

"It's just not working out...So I'm coming home...Can I use the house again please?" your request makes your parent cringe.