Without Wings

Each villain gets a protective spirit, kind of like a guardian angel but...not really. The Joker is a handful, that's why nobody wants the job. Lucky him you love challenges so you'll take him under your wings (so to speak since you don't have any; it just sounds nice).

When the Ace Chemicals incident happened, The Joker's guardian just left him, fed up with the difficult task of keeping him out of danger so there was nobody watching over The Clown Prince of Crime

When the Ace Chemicals incident happened, The Joker's guardian just left him, fed up with the difficult task of keeping him out of danger so there was nobody watching over The Clown Prince of Crime. You felt the urge to help and stepped in right away because you absolutely love tough assignments.

He almost drowned in that vat but you pulled him out in time. J didn't see too much before he lost consciousness: just a shadow he assumed it was one of his henchmen (not too much to see anyway since you're shapeless). You felt so bad about his misfortune – no villain is supposed to be without protection at any given time. You tried to make it up to him by making his eyes a more intense blue and blessed him with a lot of eerie beauty. A guardian spirit is not allowed to change anything about a villain's personality so you didn't.

Holy crap, is it hard to keep him out of trouble or what? He's so reckless, impulsive and temperamental now you realize why nobody wanted him. But you never lost a villain on your watch and you're not going to start now.

At the present moment you are very concerned about his girlfriend: she was actually sent to assassinate him and he has no clue. For once somebody got under his skin and it worries you. Things are really getting out of hand: she already tried to kill him twice last week.

When she gave The Joker the poisoned grape juice, you tripped him and he spilled it all over his new suit. Man, he had such a fit and it was fun to watch: you always enjoy his tantrums. When she tried to inject him with the toxin in his sleep, you slapped her hand and she dropped the syringe. You broke it to pieces and she was so intrigued: how can plastic shatter like that?!

Bitch, don't mess with someone under my safekeeping!!

Tonight she will try again and you are so done! You are seriously considering taking over her body, this way you can watch J all the time: he certainly needs extra care and attention. Last time you did this for somebody was about 200 years ago and you recall you didn't enjoy your mortal adventure too much. Plus, if you decide to do it, you'll be stuck like that for a year, then you have only a two days window to go back to the Shadow World. If not, you'll be confined in the body until it dies.

Not very nice options but it's nighttime and she will make her move soon.

Shit, might as well.

You materialize by their bed and float there for a while, considering all the alternatives and finally determine:

HERE WE GO!

You open your eyes and blink a few times, adjusting to your new status. The Joker senses you're wiggling around and moves his hand from your waist to your breasts, mumbling something in his sleep.