Mommy Part 4

It was a well known fact The Joker's girlfriend left him with four young children and disappeared. It was also known that his ex stepped up and took care of them even if she didn't have to. The King of Gotham might have lost his woman, but he never lost his Queen.

Another fight with The Joker and you didn't have the patience to wait for the elevator; you just took the stairs, wanting to be far away from him as fast as possible

"Mommy left," Kase whispers to his siblings, noticing you stormed out of the penthouse."She took Emma," the six years old reports to the other children that stopped playing and look at their father, knowing that he must be the reason why this happened again.

"Don't come back!!! Do you hear me?" J shouts, going back inside his office. He continues to mumble and slam stuff around even if you are not there anymore to participate in the fight.

"Whe's mommy?" Mia squeezes her doll, stepping over the toys scattered around in the left corner of the living room.

"Mommy's gone," Kase repeats and Zane whimpers, already upset:

"I want my mommy. Where did she go?"

His twin is on the verge of crying:

"Is she coming back?"

Zane lifts his shoulders up, confused.

"Oh," Mia bends over and picks up one of the teddy bears laying on top of a pile of Legos, handing it over to Aiden: the little girl saw his teary eyes and tries to soothe her brother."Fo' you, ok?"

Aiden wipes his eyes, accepting the gift from his three years old sister.

The kids don't like it when you're not around: they are very fond of their mother and old enough to understand daddy says things that make her go away.

You actually drove straight to your house, grabbed some baby supplies and went to the mall with Emma. After aimlessly walking around for about an hour, you retreat to a quiet lounge and start breastfeeding her. You love looking in her bright little eyes and kiss the tiny fingers while she eats. You couldn't do this for the other children since you are not their biological mother; they were raised on formula because Anya didn't like to take care of them. And it suddenly hits harder because this was on your mind since you left the penthouse: the kids probably wonder where you are.

A mother needs her babies. All of them.

You take your cellphone out of your jacket, careful not to disturb your three weeks old and press on the first name in "Contacts": The Joker. He answers instantly.

"It's me...I want to talk to the children."

"NO!" and he hangs up.

Great, he's going to be a total jerk...

You try again. He picks up after the first ring.

"J, let me talk to..."
"NO!" and you get the dial tone once more.