Ellis

Nothing is ever easy with him, but this time he really crossed the line. If The Joker doesn't care about anything at all, what is the point of you two being together? Unless...maybe he gives a damn about at least one thing.

You always drive back to Gotham on lonely, deserted roads, trying to avoid traffic as much as possible

"J, we're close to our cabin, we should stop and spend the night; just me and you, yes?" you smile, attempting to be cheerful and lightening up the mood.

"I don't feel like it!" he bitterly replies, keeping his eyes on the road.

"We're almost at the turn we have to take to get there. Come on... please?"

"NO! I told you I don't feel like it!" he snarls, clenching his fingers on the steering wheel. You place your hand on his thigh, caressing it with your thumb:

"Baby, it's not my fault the meeting didn't go well."

He pushes your hand away, still fuming. You look outside the window and take a deep breath, watching the sun going down behind the trees.

"J, come on, don't be like this...You know I love you," you tilt your head towards him, hoping he will change his mind.

"Right!!" he scoffs with a sour expression on his face.

"What is that supposed to mean?" you ask, getting restless.

"It means whatever you want it to mean!" the Joker snaps, quickly glancing your way."You don't love me, nobody does!" he hisses, being in such a foul mood he can barely concentrate on driving.

"Yeah...I wonder why..." you mutter but he heard you and it makes him even more enraged. You start massaging your temples; you really don't need this after all the stuff that happened lately.

"J...why did we get married?" you ask, closing your eyes, thinking how much you wish your lives were different.

"Because we're idiots, Y/N, that's why!" he angrily raises his voice, accelerating. "Thank God you had the miscarriage three months ago because the kid would have probably had your attitude. I don't think I could handle two of you!"

He hears you sniffle and your voice breaks down when you address him:

"Why...why do you say such cruel things?" and you start sobbing, deeply hurt by his words. "Stop the car..." you manage to speak through tears. "Stop the car!!!!" you suddenly hit the window with your first and he slams the breaks, unnerved.

You get out fast, taking your wedding ring off and tossing it in his lap:

"Here, consider yourself divorced!" you slam the door, frantically wiping your tears. He just grunts, annoyed and screams back at you:

"Fine! I don't need you anyway!"

"I don't need you either!" you yell, whimpering, feeling so miserable you can't wait for him to go away.