Lost Part 3

Your son died and everything came crashing down really fast. Who would have thought the King and Queen of Gotham have hearts that can break?

The Joker is speeding on the freeway, keeping his hands clenched on the steering wheel while talking to you

"Who the hell took him, Y/N?! Who would dare do such a thing?" he addresses you, almost shouting again.

"I-I don't know, J, I just don't know..." you reply with quivering voice, rubbing your face, deep in thought. You even forgot to wipe your tears. "But our son is alive, can you believe that?..." you turn towards him, starting to cry again.

He glances at you for a few seconds, then takes your left hand and kisses it, accelerating.

"Don't cry, Princess, you cried enough in the last half a year, enough for a lifetime. We'll find him, hm?" he tries to be brave but his heart is filled with so many conflicting emotions that he finds it hard to concentrate on his words.

"I'm calling Harvey," you suddenly decide, taking your phone out of your pocket. "I hope he still keeps in touch with those hackers that helped us with the Australian job."

"Oooh...great!" the joker mumbles, rolling his eyes.

"Baby, not now, please??" you plead with him, searching for Harvey Dent's contact number. You press the screen and he picks up after three rings. "Hi, Harvey, it's me."

"Y/N, it's been a while, I missed hearing your voice. How the heck are you?"

J starts growling and you caress his thigh, trying to soothe him.

"I'm ok, driving back to Gotham. I need a favor, could you help me with something?"
"Yeah, yeah, of course, I will if I can," he offers without hesitation, chuckling.

"Do you still keep in touch with the hackers from the Australian job?"

"Not really, but I can find out if they are still around or...alive. I sure hope so, those guys are the best, might need them again. But first, let me flip my coin and see if I really should do this for you or not," he teases, joking around.

"Don't you dare flipping that coin on me, Dent!!!!" you yell in your phone so loud he has to distance his ear from his cell.

"Jeez, Y/N! I'm kidding; I wasn't going to do that to you, I'm just messing around. What's wrong?"

You take a deep breath and close your eyes:

"I'm sorry, Harvey..."

"Don't apologize to him!" you hear the Joker in the background and you pat his arm, trying to ignore him.

"...I'm on the edge. We just found out our son is alive," you blur out, trying to keep it together.

Silence on the other end for a few seconds.