Once Upon A Time

You've been together for such a long time now, before The Joker became what he is today. Older than him and not being used to someone so persistent chasing you around, almost gave up on him. Good thing you changed your mind.

You are getting ready to go to sleep when you hear noises coming from downstairs

You are getting ready to go to sleep when you hear noises coming from downstairs. There are no henchmen around because you wanted to be alone, so who would dare disturb you?! You don't even bother taking the gun with you because you're tired and cranky. The hell with everybody! Hopefully your dad didn't send one of his guys over to check up on you since you really hate it when he does that. You can take care of yourself and don't need babysitting.

You pull your tank top over your boy shorts and head over the stairs, slowly going down towards the living room. You are mid-way when you see the shadow hovering over the dining table and you already have an idea on who it might be. You switch on the light and yeap, it's him. J turns around, and you are taken by surprise noticing the neon green hair.

"Hi, Y/N; sorry, didn't mean to wake you," he smiles, staring you down, enjoying the little sleeping attire you are wearing.

"Jesus, kid, what did you do to your hair?!" you snicker, taking another step down.

"Stop calling me that, I'm not a kid, I'm 21," he sulks, unhappy you still call him that.

"Yeah, and I'm 25 so you're a kid comparing to me." He huffs and you ignore it. "What are you doing in my house?"

"I brought you flowers," he smiles again, pointing at the huge bouquet he set up on the table.

"Whyyyy?" you suspiciously ask, stopping your movement. J opens his mouth to answer and you don't give him a chance." I want to be alone, get out."

"Can I stay for the night?"

"No, I said get out!" It sure sounds like you mean it and that makes him uneasy so he's trying to make you change your mind the best way he knows how: yapping and distracting.

"I thought you would like the change, don't you like my new hair?"

"I don't know..." you bite your cheek, pretending to debate. "It's so...ummm...green. But I guess you can pull it off." You know what he's doing but you decide to play along for the heck of it. The nerve on this kid.

"There's more stuff," he grins, satisfied with what he did and starts unbuttoning his white shirt.

"Are you gonna strip for me?" you tease, placing your elbows on the railing and resting your chin on your arms. This is pretty funny, but you need to burst his bubble: "Is this your strategy? Well, I'm not sleeping with you, last time was a mistake."

J looks so disappointed you really feel the best way to deal with it is to roll your eyes as obvious as possible.

"I wasn't even thinking about it, I just wanted to show you this." His shirt is on the floor now and you so want to reply with "yeah, right" but the sight of all those tattoos leaves you speechless for once.