What Death Tastes Like Part 3

Scarecrow's daughter might be only 22, yet the terminal lung cancer she was diagnosed with six months ago didn't discriminate against her age; the young woman didn't show worrisome symptoms until it was too late. Y/N always had a fascination for the much older King of Gotham and despite the consequences, maybe it's finally time to do something about it.

You're done sampling the food that J brought over, quite annoyed he lied about the crepes; it was probably the only reason why you opened the door for him

You're done sampling the food that J brought over, quite annoyed he lied about the crepes; it was probably the only reason why you opened the door for him. Or maybe it was a different motive that you don't like to think of because... what's the point anyway?

"Crane said he added a new ingredient to your capsules," The Joker brings it up. "I have no idea how he was able to get Cromyxillium since it's just in experimental phase; I suppose he has awesome connections," your guest chews one last bite of cashew salad.

"I know, he texted me but I didn't answer back... I'm mad at him... I'm mad at everything these days," you admit and The King of Gotham piles up the empty styrofoam boxes, calculating how much money Scarecrow spent on a product that might be able to improve your condition.

Y/N watches him absent minded, too preoccupied with her problems to realize The King of Gotham is attentive to her words.

"I used to help my dad develop my remedy, still nothing works and he entirely immersed himself in this ridiculous task of saving me from terminal cancer. He ignored Evelyn for weeks until she left: she understood what he was doing up to a certain level; when it became an obsession..." and you sigh, aggravated by your father's stubbornness. "I told him he has to patch up their relationship; I don't him to be all alone after I'm gone..." you sulk and J grabs the containers, dumping them in the trashcan near the table.

"Yeah, Crane will probably be very lonely without you..." and J stops his innuendo when he comprehends how it sounds. "On a positive note," The Clown Prince of Crime stretches, "I'm actually here to ensure you're ok taking the capsules containing the new ingredient. Your father asked me to and I am notorious for being this...this selfless person ready to offer my services," J over exaggerates his ability to sympathize with your situation. "He also warned me not to try anything funny. I don't understand why I'm not allowed to share any of my funny jokes; doesn't make any sense," the distorted interpretation of your parent's threat almost prompts Y/N's smile.

"You probably pushed for this visit, taking advantage of the fact that me and my dad had a fight, hm?" you bluntly describe the truth and J can't defend his absurd statements because your cell phone starts ringing; you glare at the screen, debating if you should answer or not.

"Is that him?" The Joker inquires and you nod a yes while deciding to accept Scarecrow's call.

"Hello..." you sneak out on the patio as J figures he should walk to his car in order to retrieve the duffel bag fixed in advance for his sleepover.

*****************

Your conversation lasted for about 20 minutes thus The Joker jumped in the shower lacking any type of permission from Y/N; perhaps it could be the reason for your abrupt intrusion in the cozy bathroom.