One Of The Kind

The Joker was getting ready to bust you out of Arkham when you disappeared without a trace. He searched like crazy but anytime there was a lead it ended up being another dead end. Where were you taken?! A person can't just vanish into thin air! Were you still alive? Or not? So many questions and no answers. Finally after a year, The King of Gotham found out the whereabouts of his Queen. And the discovery would change things forever.

Frost was standing in front of The Joker's office, not being able to gather the courage to knock at the door and report to his boss

Frost was standing in front of The Joker's office, not being able to gather the courage to knock at the door and report to his boss. The other henchmen were silent, each of them happy they are not in the delicate position of telling The Clown Prince of Crime about what months of research and unimaginable used resources have led to. Jonny Frost took another hesitant deep breath, squeezed the thick folder he was holding to his chest and decided to make his presence known:

"Sir, it's me. Can I come in?"

"Yeah," J's voice gave permission and his trusted bodyguard entered the room, straining to keep it together: he knew it won't be pretty.

After about 20 minutes, the goons waiting outside got the confirmation of the terrible aftermath: objects were being smashed and broken, The Joker was shouting a bunch of angry things, cussing up a storm, unable to contain himself. How could he anyway? The news was shocking. Unbearable. Agonizing. No hope, no way to fix it. At least you were still alive. Sort of...

*************

He stood outside the lab forever, not hearing the explosions, not smelling the gun powder in the air. Usually it would have given him such hype. But not that day.

His men were clearing out the underground facility belonging to " GeeNome X- Genetic Research & Weaponry" and The Joker was deaf to all of it. No desire to move or to act. He was numb.

J could see inside the huge room through the two way mirror, glaring at the 10 monitors you were surrounded with, showing the same stuff:

Your picture, then a bunch of information typed under it with red letters:

Project Number: A526456KLP

Subject Name: Y/N

Transfer: Completed

Procedure: Irreversible

Enter Password: ___

The Joker felt he was suffocating; that feral creature in the middle of the room was his woman?! Twice as tall as him, looking out of this earth with four blue eyes, sharp claws and inward, long legs. A perfect symbiosis of strange, dark flesh, bone and metal.

The Joker's fingers involuntarily moved on the keypad, typing in the password he paid a fortune to get from his inside contact: 17568. He was in a trance, speechless and not having a clue about what is going to happen next.