Devil Part 3

When The Joker is imprisoned in a nameless hell, what will happen when he meets one of its demons?

You walk fast on the almost deserted street. The snow storm seems to get worse by the second but you don't feel the cold or the snowflakes melting on your face. You hear the tires screeching right before you turn the corner on the lonely alley and don't even bother to look back; probably another accident in this accursed weather, why should you care?

After a few more steps you hear his voice behind you:

"Hey!!"

You immediately stop and slowly turn around, feeling your heart sink.

"Hey, do I know you?" The Joker approaches, getting closer and closer. You don't move, you wait for him to get in front of you and don't say anything.

"You're not scared," he growls, tilting his head and carefully analyzing you. "Do you know who I am?"

How is this possible?! you think to yourself, astonished, missing him so much you totally ignore Her when She starts to get agitated; She sure doesn't like him.

"Who are you, hmm?" J asks again and you rush in his arms and hug him tight, taking him by surprise. He is amazed he didn't push you away yet; The Joker definitely doesn't like to be touched by strangers. But you feel so familiar that he unconsciously hugs you back, confused, not knowing why he's behaving so strange:

"Who are you?" he snarls, inhaling your scent.

You caress his green hair for a few seconds, watching the snow melting on your fingertips, wanting to cry and struggling to control Her from hurting him.

"I'm the Devil," you whisper in his ear, sensing his grip around your waist getting tighter. It's so hard to let him go. You kiss his cheek and back out just enough to stare in his blue eyes:

"Forget about us," you utter and J blinks fast a few times, looking left and right, not understanding what the hell he's doing out of the car in the crazy weather on a street he doesn't recognize. The snow keeps on falling and he touches his cheek, puzzled, feeling he forgot something very important.

**********************

First time he kissed you it was in the elevator, going up to the penthouse. You didn't fight it at all and She yanked your hand away from his neck, startled.

"Stop it!" you muttered, frowning. "Not you," you smiled when The Joker gave you an inquiring look. "Her." He grinned and kissed you again and She started screaming with that outwardly high pitch that made the lights flicker and the whole building shake. J had to distance himself from you and cover his ears. She scratched his face, crazed by jealousy, and he winced in pain, annoyed.

"I told you not to touch him!" you scolded Her, tracing the cuts on his pale skin with your finger, making them disappear.

"Jesus, kiddo, She sure hates me," he smirked, pulling you back in his arms, pleased to make Her lose control.