The One You Love The Most

You older brother, Jonathan Crane, was showing The Joker his latest psychological weapon when things went wrong. As a result, The King of Gotham won't be able to see your face or hear your voice again until The Scarecrow finds an antidote. If he can find one, that is...

You just got out of the shower and take a look at your cell: 6 missed calls from your brother

You just got out of the shower and take a look at your cell: 6 missed calls from your brother. Must be something important. You immediately dial back his digits and he picks up right away.

"Hey, Jonathan."

"Sis, is J back yet??" he yells in the phone, panicking.

"No, I don't think so. I was in the shower for the last 15 minutes. I can barely hear you; where are you?"

"At my cabin, bad signal in the woods!"

"What was that? Your voice sounds so distorted, can't really make out what you're saying," you frown, taking him off the speaker to see if it will help any.

"I think J is on his way to the Penthouse. Don't let him see you or hear your voice! Do you understand? I'm coming!" your older sibling shouts, looking around for his car keys.

"What?" you ask, confused. You just heard bits and pieces.

"Don't let him see you or hear your voice, Y/N!"

"Huh, why?!"

"Just listen to me, I don't have time to explain, the signal is terrible!"

"What did you say? You're cutting out!" you move around the bedroom, hoping for an improvement.

"Don't... let ...him... ... ... OK?" the muffled warning barely makes it through before the call is dropped.

"Jonathan? Hello?..."

You try to call him a few times without success; it goes straight to voice mail.

What in the world is going on?! you wonder, getting dressed for the evening.

Suddenly, you distinguish heavy steps on the hallway, then a door being slammed.

"J?" you get out of the master bedroom, quickly scanning the premises.

There's clamoring coming from upstairs and you follow the noise.

"J?"

No answer but you find yourself in front of his office; the commotion is coming from inside. You open the door and step in. The Joker is breathing so loud it startles you. His forehead leans on the filing cabinet, broken glass at his feet.

"Are you alright?" you rush by his side, touching his waist.

"Get out!" he hisses, wheezing, struggling to keep it together. "Something is wrong, get out!"

"I just talked to Jonathan and..."

J turns his head towards you and in a split second you find yourself crushed against the wall, his hands around your neck so tight the bones will snap soon. The strong pressure is extremely intense; you can't make a sound. You dig your nails in his skin, trying to push him away but he still won't let go. His eyes are bloodshot, there's nothing inside but the abyss. You feel you will pass out soon.