Heart

Mister J's girlfriend escaped from a high security prison two days ago and the authorities have no idea how it happened: the truth is the outgoing investigation has reached a dead end. This highly classified matter can't find a reasonable explanation for the prisonbreak following a series of baffling events.

 This highly classified matter can't find a reasonable explanation for the prisonbreak following a series of baffling events

The Vault

"Yes?" the CIA inspector Daniels wiggles in his chair at the faint knock, aware the individual requested for today's classified briefing is on the other side of the door.

"FBI Special Agent Kane is here," the secretary announces before letting in the impeccable suit.

"Sir!" he greets while the woman makes herself scarce because she knows they won't talk until she's gone.

"Lock the door," the inspector growls before inviting Kane to take a seat. "Did you read the file?" he immediately goes straight to the point.

"Yes, sir. I did."

"The reason why I called you...Mmmm...there are several aspects of this situation we did not include into the original report."

"I figured," Kane's answer prompts the inspector's urge to share the extra information he's eager to pass along. "You're familiar with The Joker's plans to rob Gotham National Bank three months ago went down a different path than expected."

"U-hum," the FBI agent acknowledges.

"The seif was equipped with a sensor enabling an explosion to take place as soon as someone stepped on at least 5 pressure plates leading to the main vault: there is no way to get to it unless you walk on them; a secret feature only the bank owner, Bruce Wayne knew about and security team leader that installed this feature. Wherever The Joker got his info, of course it didn't include any of this: there's no blue print mentioning such trigger. Obviously, after the fact, now we know about it," Daniels sighs, frustrated. "The blast was meant to seal the exit, trapping thieves until cops were able to apprehend them. Something went wrong because the detonation messed up half the vault also: The Joker got caught in the explosion and died from internal injuries while his girlfriend survived since she was further inside the metal box."

Kane wonders if new details will emerge soon thus he pays attention to the projection screen displaying images behind the inspector.

"This is where the SWAT team found The Joker and Y/N," the inspector indicates the north corner of the vault. "She managed to pull him from under the rubble and he was pronounced dead at the scene: head resting in her lap and still holding her hand. They had to break his fingers in order to separate them. Y/N was in shock, didn't react in any way besides uttering the words: ' I would have... eventually.' Since in custody, she's been into a catatonic state, didn't say a word besides mumbling the same phrase a few instances."

"What does that even mean?" Kane frowns.

"Probably nonsense," the inspector types on his laptop in order to show the FBI agent intriguing facts that baffle him." What you are about to see defies any explanations we came up with so far, that's what we need the FBI input on the whole affair."