『omake』: home time

this'll probably be my last update on this book. i'm sorry for this badly written chapter.
— 昊 —

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

K A R M A   A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

               "I l-like you" the girl in front of me stammered as she confessed her feelings. She was a lot redder than how anyone should be. She was at the brim of tears, voice cracking as she spoke up.

We were at our third year of high school and despite that, the girl I fell in love with three years ago was still nowhere to be found.

"Sorry" I admitted truthfully, "I like someone else".

"Mhm. I know. I just wanted you to know. Thank you for being honest with me" the girl who recently confessed thanked me for the rejection, despite the tears on her face saying otherwise.

               If there was anything about our third year in high school, it was that I was used to hearing all of this. Same old line, same old reply. It was so usual, Asano was already fed up over it.

"That's the nth girl that cried over you. When do you plan to get a girlfriend?" He asked me once, sick and tired of all the rumors that we were gay.

"I do have one" I reminded him, enjoying how furious he's been after hearing the rumors that built up over the years.

"Iroha doesn't count. She hasn't contacted you in over a year" he stated nonchalantly as if it was such a subtle topic to bring up.

As much as I hated to admit it, the asshole, Asano, had a big point there.

I didn't even know whether or not she was still alive. I didn't even know if she was still coming back.

But somehow, my gut said otherwise.

"That said, my father came to visit her a month ago and said I should hand you this" he handed me an elegant black scented envelope, as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"If they're inviting me to her wake, I'm not gonna open up that thing up even if its for the sake of her eulogy".

"Just take it Akabane, who knows whats in it. Whatever it is it still is your girlfriend's last words" he ushered motioning for me to take the envelope.