「16th period」: truce time

K A R M A A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

'What Fujioka said, answered a lot of things.'

I snickered at the thought, while I crouched beside Iroha, watching the three talk. Everything was going as planned, Itona and Nagisa even managed to substitute for us.

"If you keep laughing, she'll eventually find out that we were here" she scolded me annoyed by the fact that I was eager to hear every single thing I could use as black mail material.

It doesn't look like this is going anywhere, though.

"Anyways~ That's what she claims, Iroha-chan~" I said out loud. Loud enough for all of them to hear us.

"Ass" she cursed me, as dragged her out of our hiding spot, putting a smile on.

"You two...", Nagisa sweatdropped at the sight of us, my hand dragging Iroha by the back of her collar.

✖︎●✖︎

"Isn't it great that you managed to reconcile with your friend, all thanks to me?~" I teased her, keeping a smug look on, as the girl stared at the assessment paper, ready to tear it in half.

After showing up yesterday, the two finally reconciled, and they're somewhat patching up their friendship, I guess.

But that wasn't our business today.

"Having you as a project partner is one thing, Karma. Lay off" she waved me off.

Right now, if anything, we had a stupid project to accomplish.

"You were the one who started it~" I told her. "If you hadn't picked a fight, that octopus wouldn't have paired us up to serve as a punishment".

"Tch, and I was so looking forward to be partnered with Okuda or Kayano or anyone else" she complained. "Why does it have to be you of all people?".

"Hm~ I'd gladly leave you alone. But you might come crying if I suddenly abandon you~" I smirked, refferring to her unexpected weakness.

"You two," Korosensei called us, entering the room as he caught sight of us about to begin another argument, "You haven't learned anything from this haven't you?".

His tentacles wrapped around our wrists as he put our hands together. I could tell that the girl had been doing her best not to cringe.

"You two should get along together! The class had been complaining, you know. If this goes on nobody would appreciate group activities anymore" the octopus feigned a cry pathetically.

I knew what he meant, though. Iroha and I weren't enemies, but we were prone to arguments. It was already part of our system.

And when it came to group works or team activities, we were just impossible to be grouped together.

That said, Iroha put on an uninterested look while I gave off a nonchalant vibe.

"How mean! You two are so cold!" The octopus exclaimed loudly, hiding behind Karasuma-sensei when he entered the classroom to check up on us. "Sensei's already trying to help you!".