「after school」: future time

K A E D E K A Y A N O
茅野 カエデ
student no. 7

              On the day Iroha left for abroad, all she ever did was smile. She was the type to act tough. Maybe it was just an act or perhaps it was a genuine one; but, it was most likely that she wanted our last memory of her to be her smiling face whether or not she's been cheeky and mischievous the whole time.

We've grown a lot throughout the past year.

              And now, seven years into the future, here we were gathered in our old building to do our annual cleaning

              "We should think about putting this place to some use, not just preserving it" Isogai suggested while we were on break, as we settled in our old classroom. "You know—before we get busy with job-hunting".

"Okano's using the back of the mountain" Maehara stated, with a smile on his face. "She formed an acrobatic performance squad at her sports college. Said this is the training field she's most used to".

"And Kurahashi is giving nature tours to kids" he added, to which Isogai agreed.

"She's always had her ways of earning pocket money" the once class representative pointed out.

We've all grown up just as Korosensei taught us.

Look at Manami and Takebayashi— taking hints from the activation cell recipe in their advice books, they're researching an artificial blood that can be transfused regardless of blood type.

Sugino's become a college baseball ace. His versatile pithing has even caught the eye of pro scouts. I hear Class D's Hikaru Ishikawa is getting along with him seeing as they both succeeded in the sports area.

Terasaka's strength and guts have been recognized by a certain professor politician. Maybe he'll start as a private secretary once he's out of college.

Yoshida and Muramatsu are taking over their family businesses.

Itona went to his family's factory straight out after high school. "If I have any problems running it. I'll get Yoshida and Muramatsu to help" was his plan.

Ritsu's gone completely online now. She's helping out her former 3-E classmates these days with more emotions than ever before.

We've all been expanding ourselves as needed, steadily deciding our paths in life.

              "Oh, and Karma!" Maehara filled us in, when we continued cleaning outdoors. "I heard he passed the level 1 national civil service exam like it was nothing".