「69th period」: berserk time

N A G I S A   S H I O T A
潮田
student no. 11

season 2 episode 15

It was getting hotter by the minute, and at this point, Kayano was by no means sane.

"Die! Die! Die! Die" she shouted like an ongoing chant, aiming her flaming tentacles at our teacher.

The whole class looked at her in both fear and concern.

Maehara spoke up, "Looks more like she's gonna die---any minute now".

"Can't we do anything? Do we just stand by and watch her get eaten away?" Sugino asked, earning my attention, before I turned to look at a certain trio.

"---Iroha-chan! Stop it!" Okuda exclaimed, arms wrapped around the blunette who seemed like she was ready enough to jump into the fray.

Karma, with his arms restraining her shoulders told her, "Cool your head!".

Iroha glared at him, "Well, how else can we save her?! It's better trying than failing without doing anything!".

"B-but you could get killed yourself!" Okuda attempted to reason out with her, her timid voice evident.

"Do you actually think the octopus would let you be? You'll end up slowing him down, because he'd be too busy protecting you and everyone else" Karma talked some sense into her, Iroha giving up in return.

With weakened knees, she'd have fallen to the ground if it weren't for the redhead's support.

"Kayano's going to die if we don't do anything...".

We all knew how she felt.

At this point, everyone must at least be desperate.

"Iroha-chan---" I mumbled her name, before Korosensei duplicated his head through an after image.

"Everyone!"

"Korosensei?!"

Sugaya managed to ask, "Why just your face?"

"It's a clone! I don't have much leeway with Kayano-san's ferocious attacks--- it's all I can do to leave an afterimage of my face!" Our teacher explained.

Korosensei was struggling.

"We have to remove her tentacles ASAP! They're only putting off all that abnormal heat because she's not giving any thought to her own survival!".

"Sounds like a certain someone here, too" Karma muttered, giving Iroha a look.

The girl tsked and looked away.

Korosensei continued speaking, "At this rate, the tentacles will suck out all her life-force and she'll die! But! As long as her bloodlust matches that of her tentacles, they'll be tooted to her nerves and impossible to remove! We don't have the time to talk her down like we did with Itona-kun!"

"Then how can we..." Hayami asked.

"There's only one way: I'll pull them out as we fight. I'll let her hit my greatest weak spot: my heart, located just under my tie. If it's completely destroyed, I'll die. If I can make her feel like she did me in, her tentacles' bloodlust will weaken for a moment, if only a bit.  And in that moment, one of you, will have to make Kayano forget her bloodlust".