「13th period」: nap time

K A R M A A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

The pole-toppling event just ended. But that midget was nowhere to be found. After the class finished returning the folded chairs and finished cleaning up, Asano showed up.

"Hey, Asano!" Maehara called unto him as the class walked towards him. "You meant it, right? About keeping that secret".

"I never lie" he announced before turning to us. "I don't resort to underhanded tactics, unlike you. But, next time will be different. I'll chase you all into oblivion".

"Heh. Sore loser" Terasaka scoffed once the student council president walked out on us.

"Hey, big words from a sore loser who falls on deaf ears" Nakamura agreed, smugly joking.

Maehara placed a hand on his friend's shoulder as if to assure him. "Don't sweat it. He can't understand your struggles".

"No, it's not like I've gone through anymore than he has" Isogai told him before referring to everyone. "Today, with all of you helping me out, I was actually glad to be poor".

 "Today, with all of you helping me out, I was actually glad to be poor"

The whole class started to cheer and celebrate thanks to our president. But I felt someone tap my back, and so I turned to face the person.

Nagisa had been turning his head from left then right, as if he was looking for something.

"What's up?" I asked, a bit curious about his behavior.

"Where's Iroha-chan?" He asked, asking the same question, I've been meaning to ask for awhile.

"She was here during the pole-toppling event" Kayano said, "with Okuda-san, I think".

"Kayano-chan!" Kanzaki suddenly called the girl, running up to her, Okuda to her right. "Have you seen Iroha-chan?".

"Eh? We thought she was with you, Okuda-san" Nagisa told her.

"She said she'll just buy a drink from the vending machine, but she hasn't come back ever since" Okuda explained.

Ah, damn that shortcake. What's she up to, disappearing like that?~

"I'll notify the class representatives about what happened, for now" Kayano excused herself.

"We should search for her in the mean time" I agreed.

✖︎●✖︎

It took quite awhile but the girl was nowhere to be found.