「22nd period」: honesty time

K A R M A   A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

"Karma?" The girl called me, and I stood up to excuse myself, slightly embarrassed of what I've been doing.

She grabbed my hand almost tripping in the process when I attempted to walk out of her room. Then again, I caught her like always.

"What are you doing?" I asked her, the girl leaning into my arms. "I never thought you were this clumsy".

"Are you leaving?", she held my arm tightly, voice hoarse from her cold.

"Huh?".

"Are you leaving?" She asked again, at the brim of tears, as her knees weakened until she knelt down on the floor.

"Hey-wait, Iroha---" I attempted to reason out with her, as I crouched down to pick up the towel which was placed on her forehead.

"Are you going to leave me again, huh? Like how everybody else did?!" She rambled on and on, until she broke down crying.

The girl sobbed right in front of me.

So this is what Fujioka meant by a fear of abandonment.

"Stop acting tough when you're most definitely not, dumbass. Just admit it straightforwardly and tell people not to leave you" I flicked her forehead, watching the tears drop from her face.

"Ow" she mumbled, before I wiped her tears away. She seemed like an emotional software with a lot of bugs.

"You're totally gonna regret showing me this side of you" I warned her. It was like watching a five-year old. For once the girl seemed so honest about her emotions.

She only held my hand tightly, as I smirked, thinking it would have been perfect to tape the entire thing.

"Don't leave me" she whimpered, and I ruffled her hair.

"I'm not going anywhere" I told her, something mischievous in mind. "Only if you repeat after me".

"Mhm" she nodded obediently as I patted her head.

"You are amazing Karma-sama~" I told her.

"You're amazing Karma-sama~" she repeated.

"You're the best master I could ever have".

I smiled smugly and I ruffled her head once again. It's still not as fun when it was the usual easily embarrassed, sharp mouthed Iroha but still, this drunk-like Iroha was another thing.

"Oh god, you're gonna be furious when you realize what happened today" I laughed.

"Nnn...Karma... I feel sick" she wobbled unsteadily.

"Ah, we better get you back to bed~".