「57th period」: panic time

I R O H A    I N U K A I
犬飼 彩葉
student no. 29

I couldn't find the words I needed. It was just--- ah, fuck.

Yes, I was definitely fucked.

This Karma was not the Karma I was accustomed to, or more like, this situation was the least I expected to occur for the day. Hell, I didn't even expect it.

What's wrong with him?

Is he drunk?

Or maybe he's high.

Whatever it was, I didn't like it one bit.

Seeing this type of mood was normal.

Just by knowing Hikaru, I got used to such a dark enraged atmosphere. I was used to it in terms of keeping my distance and watching from afar because Hikaru never dared to do such things nor did he ever lay a hand on me.

But Karma was an entirely different story. And the situation we were in made it even worse.

The redhead didn't have a threat to him and yet, I felt intimidated. Like I was afraid of being hated. He was that type that kept a calm aura, he either messed with people or defeated them. Right now, I could feel that he wasn't kidding one bit, and that intimidated me even more. This was definitely the first time I've seen this side of him.

"Karma, what's wrong with you today?" I asked. I was starting to get weary. In fact, I was pretty sure my voice broke, or that I choked on my own words.

He made sure that I wouldn't be able to move, his grip on me was even tighter than the one he had when he pinned me down during PE.

He narrowed his eyes at me, in fact, he was so close that I could see my reflection within his mercury-colored eyes. And it seemed to have an effect on me. I felt like I was being crushed. I felt so vulnerable.

I was even beginning to think that maybe the redhead truly despised me.

This Karma was scary. But then that wasn't what I was truly scared of. A part of me was afraid of what I was feeling. And not being able to pinpoint this feeling intimidated me the most.

"You're irritating" he spat, leaning his head against my shoulder, "At least be aware of your surroundings, damnit. Do you even understand what I'm saying?".

No, I didn't understand what he was saying.

What does he even mean?!

I was aware of my surroundings. I just trusted him.

I trusted others, yet I always put a distance around everyone else, but it was natural to put my guard down. Out of all those people, this redhead, who I've always believed in the most, was the only person who manages to break into my bubble for godsake!

I didn't know what to say.

For once in my life, I didn't know what to fucking say or how to control the damn situation.