「38th period」: rescue time

K A R M A A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

As soon as we heard about her escape, we were told to gather up in school. And when we got there everyone started to explain all the information they had.

"So basically you're saying that those things implanted in her head has the same effect as that of tentacle cells?" Yada repeated as if everything was surreal enough

"That's pretty much it" Nagisa nodded.

"Well, that explains the gang fights" Nakamura continued, connecting the small details. "They're all around the city. I mean, when you're in that much pain just who could resist?".

"Speaking of which, we found this in her apartment" Isogai presented a syringe like device.

Itona then took it in hand to observe what it's for. "Must be the for the drug she uses to neutralize the effect" he guessed. "Normally one wouldn't last long if they don't have anything to stimulate the pain".

"Then, i-it's most likely that she's grown immune to the drug" Okuda stammered. "She won't go berserk if she wasn't, r-right?

"I guess. Well, now, we just need to find where she's at" Kayano said before turning to the octopus. "Korosensei?".

"There is a possibility that I know where she's at---".

✖︎●✖︎

We all headed to the forest, hearing the restless noises that have been going on for awhile.

The rest of us were scattered into pairs and trios so that it'd be easier to hide and watch her. I paired up with Nagisa.

"I don't think it'd be wise to move right now" he whispered, as we hid behind the bush.

"Yeah well, she looks pretty crazy" I noted, staring at the girl who absolutely looked like a wreck.

Based on how near we were, her erratic breathing was audible. From how she was gripping on a certain patch of grass, only an idiot would claim that she wasn't in pain. Her knuckles were red, her skin was pale white, and her eyes were dark.

It was already night, and yet we haven't accomplished anything at all, so I had no other choice but to assess the situation.

Her body balance and physical physique were impeccable, and judging by how Kozue-san described it, she could probably beat the entire class right now.